Divisional VP Veterinary Quality East
Summary and Qualifications:
Drive a culture of quality across all hospitals to ensure the practice consistently delivers safe and effective care to every pet we see and meets practice OGSMs.
Lead, develop and manage the field veterinary quality team to ensure Company can attract, develop and engage our doctors and deliver quality care while meeting expected hospital performance measures and practice OGSMs.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Drive implementation and embedding of a comprehensive quality program for Company that will result in improved outcomes for pets and is consistent with our Five Principles and the 5 tenants of quality (safe, effective, patient/client centered, timely and efficient care), including providing robust feedback to the CTS Veterinary team to ensure effective outcomes
- Lead and participate in initiatives, strategic projects, committees and leadership teams (SOLT, Medical Affairs, VLT, SVLT) within Company, Mars Veterinary Health and Mars that will result in improved outcomes for pets, our reputation in the industry and improved hospital performance.
- Manage and oversee the development of the veterinary quality team to ensure Company can attract, develop and engage our doctors and deliver quality care while meeting expected hospital performance measures and practice OGSMs.
- Collaborate with the CTS Veterinary Affairs team to drive opportunities to effectively embed transformative efforts and provide clear feedback for ongoing improvement.
- Ensure collaboration with VPVQs and RVPs along with Divisional Finance and P & O Co-Pilots, on strategies, tactics, culture, structure and measures.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/ deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally high due to pets.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Veterinary degree is required, a degree in Improvement Science, Organizational Effectiveness is preferred or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimum 10 years in Veterinary Medicine is required.
- Experience managing enterprise wide programs for quality improvement with healthcare focus is required.
- Experience leading and planning work across national and international organization (multi-unit, different leadership structures) is required.
- Long term strategic project planning (i.e., project design and implementation) across a large national or global organization is required.
- Ability to interact and present within the veterinary profession is required.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.