DME Tech / Respiratory Tech / Sleep Tech
The Vancouver Clinic
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Date Posted: 7/10/2020
Job Code: REQ0003597
Durable Medical Equipment Technician (DME tech), is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the health and well being of the patients in the sleep disorders clinic including: fitting DME equipment, facilitating patient access, conducting diagnostic testing, telephone triage, patient education, and problem solving patient care needs.
- Measure and observe sleep and EEG dysfunctions by utilizing various monitors simultaneously in a safe and effective manner.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate documentation of all patient interactions.
- Utilizing protocols developed by Sleep Medical Directors and RPSGTs, provide therapeutic interventions for observed sleep dysfunction, measure and evaluate the results of interventions and make necessary adjustments resulting in a prescription for durable medical equipment.
- Take a detailed sleep history from the patient and screen patients for appropriateness of testing.
- Educate patients to testing and therapeutic procedures.
- Maintain an effective rapport with patient to facilitate patient compliance with treatment and procedures.
- Provide appropriate patient instructions for sleep related needs including but not limited to; correct use of PAP therapy, mask fittings, follow up instructions, scheduling procedures and compliance requirements.
- Troubleshoot equipment issues. Extrapolate information to better help determine patient needs.
- Maintain adequate billing for all procedures.
- Exhibit comprehensive knowledge and skill in interfacing computer-based information system and patient monitoring systems.
- Maintain necessary quality and quantity control programs.
- Utilize a department specific quality assurance program in collaboration with the medical director and supervisor.
- Process all data obtained from sleep studies and analyze data.
- Prepare standardized report for physician review.
- Monitor patients for all life-threatening events.
- Recognize and obtain medical assistance as required.
- Record and report all unusual occurrences to providers and supervisor.
- Maintain patient records and confidentiality per standard procedure.
- Communicate details of sleep study accurately with direction of providers.
Education and Skills:
- Minimum of one year of experience with sleep-related durable medical equipment.
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider BLS CPR certification.
- Experience with electronic health record.
- Successful completion of a PSG educational program leading to an associate's degree in polysomnography, successful completion of BRPT registry exam.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist with experience in Sleep Medicine. Sleep diagnostic credentialing preferred but not required with appropriate experience.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work required in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of those assigned to this job.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Eligibility for benefits is dependent on factors such as position type and FTE. Contact your recruiter for more information.
Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Contact Name: The Vancouver Clinic
Company: The Vancouver Clinic
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.