Donor Relations Assistant
The Salvation Army - Metro Division
The Donor Relations Assistant plays integral role in the development of efforts assisting two Donor Relations Directors (DRDs) in managing major donor caseloads, research, communication and general office procedures. This position requires the utmost confidentiality, accuracy, computer skills, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and a heart to help those in need. This position is part-time 20-25 hours per week working Monday – Thursday.
- Donor and prospect research
- Assist with donor engagement events
- Collect data for reporting purposes
- Develop special communications/mailings for specific donors as requested by the Donor Relations Directors
- Work with database management staff to process gifts and send thank you letters to donors in a portfolio
- Provided research tools, Google Alerts, and other search engines for research
- Proposal research
- Coordinate and continually update divisional donor database and other provided databases
- Confirm and assist in scheduling appointments with donors and prospects
- Composing correspondence and proposals/presentations
- Maintain expense and travel reports
- Coordinate travel arrangements and itineraries
- Coordinate Donor Relations Director's calendar
- Clerical and database entry
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls
- Database entry of DRD donor reports
- Answers phones for Donor Relations Directors when needed.
Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions. Work in cooperation with other Development department team members
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively at a moment's notice with Donor Relations Directors when they are in the field (donor visits)
- Other special projects as needed
Education: 4-year college degree required.
Background Checks: Position requires a background check to be completed. Findings may disqualify an individual for this position.
Experience: Minimum three years administrative assistant or secretarial experience.Certifications: Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain The Salvation Army Driver’s qualification standard.
Skills/Abilities: Ability to speak, write and understand English in a manner sufficient for effective communication with leadership, field personnel, and donors. Working knowledge of Social Networking, highly skilled in all aspects of computer use to complete daily tasks – Internet, Word, Excel, Office 365.
Job ID2020-14747of Openings1
CategoryPlanned Giving Professional
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.