DW/BI Architect (Oracle)
Job Description DW/BI Architect (Oracle)
CGI has an immediate requirement for a BI/DW (Business Intelligence/Data
Warehouse) Architect to develop the conceptual, logical and physical BI/DW
architecture to support the delivery of data management, business intelligence,
and analytical solutions, within the Financial Market and banking Operations
(FMBO) data warehouse environments. Reporting to the Assistant Director,
Business Solutions and Architecture, this resource ensures the proposed BI/DW
architecture meets business data requirements, while aligning with the
Organization s Enterprise Architecture principles and Cyber Security
Your future duties and responsibilities
* Design advanced conceptual, logical and physical data organizations,
models, repository, dashboards, reports within a complete functional and
* Under the guidance of Enterprise Data Architect, work closely with other
data and solution architects, as well as infrastructure and software
experts to define metadata layers, technical strategy and optimal
integration within existing FMBO system landscape.
* Translate to data modelers/analyst and BI developers designed solution,
review proposed solution and optimize it when required.
* Identify technical issues and risks and define mitigation approach
* Translate architectural decisions into high-level designs; review and
develop artifacts for alignment with the overall architecture
* Participate to develop testing strategy and deployment strategy
* Design, develop and continuously improve supporting activities
(automation of versioning and release management, scheduling, security
models, impact assessment of new changes)
* Participate in all phases of the development methodology cycle to
implement the required infrastructure technology, adding technical know-
how, creativity and a seasoned perspective to initiatives and teams.
* Assess new technology development and industry trends as well as their
applicability, functionality and reliability for the Organization; and
recommend technologies that will enhance productivity and achievement of
the client s business objectives
* Work with the Organization s Enterprise Architecture group to apply
* Work with the Organization s Cyber Security group to apply Organizati
Cyber Security standards
* Present and seek approval for proposed design from the Organization s
different governing bodies
* University Degree or College Diploma in computer science, computer
engineering, or related discipline
* Minimum of five (5) years experience in developing BI/DW architectur
with strong knowledge of principles and best practices in software and
data architecture and architectural/design patterns and frameworks.
* A minimum of five (5) years of hands-on working experience with the
* Oracle 12c database
* DataStage 11.x
* Cognos 10.2 & 11
* A minimum of two (2) years of working experience in an Agile Scrum
* Resources must hold a valid and current Government of Canada security
clearance at the level of SECRET Reliability and must maintain this level
for the duration of the engagement
* English essential, French will be considered an asset
* Self-starter who can manage multiple and concurrent responsibilities;
meet deadlines; work independently or as part of a team
* Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbal and written
* Strong analytic and problem-solving skills with the ability to make sound
decisions and recommendations
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation
continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change supporting our
clients digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals.
As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our
company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals
benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business
services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to
providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with
provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable
accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process
and we will work with you to address your needs.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.