EAL/D Maternity Leave Replacement
St Andrew's Cathedral School
COMMENCING TERM 4 2020
Who are we?
St Andrew’s Cathedral School (SACS) is an independent, Kindergarten to Year 12 Anglican school located in two high-rise buildings in the heart of Sydney’s CBD. The school offers students a strong academic program and extensive opportunities to be involved in sport, music, drama and outdoor education. As an authentically Christian school in the Anglican tradition, Christian values are embedded in all aspects of daily life, with honesty, integrity, humility, respect and service being foundational to the richness of relationships at SACS. We seek to develop students who think critically and creatively and have hearts that love, minds that grow and lives that give.
Why St Andrew's Cathedral School?
This year, St Andrew’s Cathedral School received Voice Project's Best Workplace Award for staff satisfaction and engagement, an amazing achievement, representative of a supportive, collegiate culture where every staff member is known, valued and equipped to excel in their role.
What is the Role?
This is a Maternity Leave Replacement position for a maximum of up to 12 months. We require an experienced educator with relevant Stage 6 EAL/D teaching experience and qualifications. This position is 0.8FTE and 9 days per fortnight.
The successful applicant will:
- Be responsible for assessment and identification of EAL/D students within the School
- Support and deliver syllabus content to Year 11 and 12 EAL/D students and undertake duties expected of a classroom teacher.
- Assist classroom teachers with programming and content for EAL/D students.
- Teach a Year 10 Applied Literacy class
- Be able to run the Senior EAL/D Study Group on Tuesday afternoons 3.30pm to 5.30pm
- Possess outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with the rest of the department
- Be expected to have an understanding of and commitment to the School’s Christian framework, values and ethos.
See here for employment at SACS: https://www.sacs.nsw.edu.au/employment/
Click on 'Apply Now' to to apply for this position.
This position requires the successful applicant to have a new Working with Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012, prior to employment at the School.
Please see www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au for further information.
It is an offence under the NSW Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.