Employee Support Solutions
Permanent Full Time
Reporting to the Regional Clinical Manager, you will be providing counselling services for Morneau Shepell's Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Provide short-term counselling to a diverse set of clients dealing with various personal issues that may or may not be work-related;
- Evaluate client needs and work with them to set objectives and develop a strategy to achieve them, within the terms and conditions of the client's EAP;
- Provide excellent clinical services and embrace Morneau Shepell's culture of continuous learning;
- Manage the administrative requirements as dictated by Morneau Shepell's clinical models.
- Group insurance plan as of first day of employment;
- Generous vacation policy;
- Paid professional development days;
- Office space provided by Morneau Shepell;(while social distancing measures are in place this role will be a remote work from home position)
- Clinical supervision available;
Succeeding as an EAP Counsellor will require the following core qualifications and skills:
- Doctor Degree in Psychology is mandatory;
- Registration with the College of Psychologists of BC & in good standing;
- Minimum five (5) years post-graduate degree counselling experience with multiple populations;
- Ability to set short term objectives and use a solution focused approach;
- Ability to clinically manage high-risk cases, including clients who are a threat to self or others;
- Able to work with individuals, couples and families and good knowledge of community resources;
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to handle a large volume of clients;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Substance Abuse training and experience is desired
- Must be flexible to work days and evening shifts;
- EAP industry experience is an asset;
- Exceptional customer service focus, high professionalism and adherence to ethical principles of conduct;
- Basic knowledge of computer systems is an asset.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.