EatSafe Knowledge Mobilisation Manager - SYS-619
Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking a Knowledge Mobilisation Manager increase the accessiliblity, uptake and utilisation of evidence and learning for actions in the food safety and nutritoin space, as part of the USAID funded EatSafe project.
GAIN is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially those most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the role
The USAID-funded EatSafe: Evidence and Action Towards Safe, Nutritious Food programme will be implemented by a consortium led by GAIN with the goal of generating evidence and knowledge of the potential of increased consumer demand for safe food to substantially improve the safety of nutritious foods in informal market settings in low- and middle-income countries.
The EatSafe Knowledge Mobilisation Manager will oversee activities including implementation of the communications and knowledge management plan which focusses on consolidating, translating and disseminating EatSafe learnings to a diverse audience.
Role specifics include;
- Identify, capture, share, and use knowledge and information (including specific research results as well as more general ‘lessons learned’) generated by the project to achieve project objectives and for both internal and external audiences.
- Manage the final development of multiple EatSafe product outputs and maximise the reach and dissemination of those products to internal and external audiences.
- Advise on communication tools to maximise the impact of EatSafe research, in alignment with the objectives of GAIN and USAID to expand the program in multiple countries.
- Write/Review case studies, policy and advocacy briefs, blogs, and/or other documents for dissemination on a variety of media platforms, working closely with others on the EatSafe team and GAIN’s communication department.
- Work with the EatSafe team, program and country staff on developing and reviewing knowledge products directed to diverse audiences based on GAIN programs, research and evaluations
You must have excellent writing and presentation skills that are focussed towards diverse audiences, particularly informed, non-expert audiences. Demonstrated capacity in evidence synthesis and translation is essential, as is the ability to effectively collaborate with colleageus and internal stakeholders to disseminate knowledge effectively. Experience in evidence reviews, particularly in a USAID funded or similar project environments is an asset.
About our offer
In addition to competitive salary, GAIN offers 25 days holiday (plus public holiday), flexible working, home working and professional development opportunities. We will support you to grow in your career and offer this within a supportive and collaborative environment. Additional country specific benefits may apply.
For more detailed information please see the attached job description. To apply, follow the "Apply Now" link.
This advert closes on 9th August 2020. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.