ECT DM; CSR; PLANNER
Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Perform Driver leadership and Planning functions for extended coverage shifts at larger terminal locations or in support of the Intermodal department (less than 50% planning) for assigned line of business.
- DRIVER LEADERSHIP:
- Fuel and route Drivers while promoting the safety of drivers.
- Dispatch drivers on pre-planned loads and complete all corresponding computer work.
- Communicate with drivers via QualComm messaging (read and send messages).
- Plan loads with Drivers/Trucks (spends less than 50% of time planning a designated area).
- Work with other Terminal ECT members in drivers' and customers' special needs/requests as it relates to load planning.
- Resolve load targets and ensure on time delivery.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Monitor assigned loads, document and make appropriate notifications of issues.
- Anticipate and facilitate problem resolution on all loads for total customer satisfaction; manage service issues, research and code service failures.
- Assist in the collection and maintenance of customer information; maintain knowledge of customer contractual requirements; receive, commit to, and load detailed customer load information ensuring system integrity.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with Customers, Operations Drivers and all levels of leadership; maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by leadership including, but not limited to:
- Be responsive to drivers and other terminal needs and assist with emergency situations (i.e. accidents) if the need arises.
- Understand and support company policies.
- INTERMODAL DEPT RESPONSIBILITIES ONLY:
- Work with all railroads to resolve issues such as Hazmat billing, billing issues, set outs as well as any issues that come up with the railroads.
- Skills: Ability to lead others; ability to communicate well with others; ability to transfer knowledge; detail-oriented; excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent organizational skills; professional appearance; ability to take direction from leaders; knowledge of the transportation industry preferred.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience Required: Previous driving experience or six months of management, operations, or customer experience required. Additional education may subsitute for required experience.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.