Elective Services Administration Clerk
Austin Health is the major provider of tertiary health services, health professional education and research across 3 campuses in the northeast of Melbourne and state-wide. Austin Health is world-renowned for its research and specialist work in cancer, liver transplantation, spinal cord injuries, neurology, endocrinology, mental health and rehabilitation.
An exciting opportunity currently exists for an enthusiastic and highly experienced Administration Officer to join our Division of Surgery, Anaesthesia and Procedural Medicine, in a part-time, fixed-term position. The Administration Officer will form part of the Surgery and Endoscopy Booking Office team, which is comprised of Administration and Nursing staff. The focus of this office is to provide efficient and streamlined care for patients.
The successful incumbent will work to provide:
- Efficient and effective administrative support to facilitate the patient’s journey and to provide care within clinically appropriate time frames
- Effective phone support and act as a point of contact for Surgical and Endoscopy Access
- Excellent customer service to all patients and hospital staff
- Support to the Liaison Nurses/Clinical Nurse Consultants
- A flexible and innovative approach to work processes.
Hours of work will include;
- Alternating Mondays 8:30am-5:00pm
- Wednesdays 11:00am-5:00pm
- Fridays 8:30am-5:00pm.
To be successful in this role you must demonstrate:
- A commitment to Austin Health values: Our Actions Show We Care, We Bring Our Best, Together We Achieve, We Shape the Future
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service
- Proven effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Well-developed time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex and changing environment
- Ability to problem solve and be self-motivated
- Developed computer skills and sound administrative skills
- Accurate data management
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a dynamic team
- Commitment to quality, best practice and environmental safety
- Ability to assist and support the implementation of quality change initiatives.
Desirable but not essential:
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
Work with us! Your reward is to work in a collaborative environment which will provide you with opportunities for ongoing training and development. Your benefits will include salary packaging, and employee assistance program.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Check conducted by Austin Health and if required, a Working With Children Check.
Austin Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.