Electrician (1st Shift 7am 3:30pm)
About the Job
EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of commercial space across the United States. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and education sectors.
Job Title: Electrician
Job Summary: The electrician applies electrical theory, code and related knowledge to layout and installation of electrical systems. Understands control operation, including sequence of operation, troubleshooting, and reading electrical schematics and ladder diagrams. Must be well organized to keep accurate service and maintenance records and communicate effectively to determine needs. Works as a leader in the Electrical Division, has strong customer relationships and team building qualities. Follows all electrical safety standards and procedures, including training and coaching co-workers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Rough-in installation of electrical materials, including conduit, boxes, fittings, supports, MC and wiring
- Installation of service equipment and motor control systems
- Finish installation of devices, fixtures and cover plates
- Read blue prints and specifications to manage material purchases, equipment and manpower needs
- Install of voice, data and control wiring and devices
- Complete documentation, including but not limited to, timesheets, expense reports, service reports and purchase card logs
- Conduct general tasks including, but not limited to, safety training, group meetings and maintaining tools and vehicle
High School Diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent. Completion from an approved State Apprenticeship Program.
- 5+ years of experience in residential or commercial/industrial application and general knowledge on repairs and installation
- Valid driver's license. Specific license requirements listed in Service Level Agreement.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions including, but not limited to, safety policies and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in individual and small group situations.
- Basic mathematical abilities in all units of measure. Read blue prints and technical schematics as well as specification manuals.
Must possess applicable certifications, licenses, and valid driver's license in good standing.
Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and work at heights on lifts and ladders. Frequently required to climb or balance. Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.