Emergency Rescue Responder - NSW
Optimal Recruitment Pty Ltd
Wonderful opportunity to make a difference rescuing sick, injured and orphaned native animals, working in the Greater Sydney area, Car and equipment provided - Immediate start!
- Full-time 12 month contract with the opportunity for extention.
- Travel on site Northern Beaches and Greater Sydney
- Highly respected not for profit organisation, dedicated to rescuing and caring for native animals for over 30 years
- Immediate Start
Our client has been rescuing and caring for native animals for over 30 years, their mission is to actively rehabilitate and preserve Australian wildlife. They are currently looking for Emergency Rescue Responder - NSW to join their passionate team - Immediate start!!
With over 3,000 volunteers in 28 branches, they receive around 170,000 calls annually and provide rescue advice, assisting tens of thousands of native animals. They are the largest wildlife rescue organisation in Australia and play a major role in national community wildlife education. They have an extensive network of wildlife carers and rescuers, and also work closely with veterinarians, the RSPCA and government departments to coordinate rescues for all animals in distress. Join the Emergency Response Team in assisting sick, injured and orphaned native animals as quickly and efficiently as possible, with the opportunity to have extensive interaction with members of the public, vets and staff as well as engaging in community wildlife education opportunities.
Your new role:
- Extensive hands on experience working with animals and confidence with handling wildlife, particularly those that are sick, stressed and critically injured
- Attend to challenging rescues for all native species including flying-foxes, snakes and large mammals
- Document all rescues efficiently using various software platforms
- Prepare and check equipment daily as well as pack, unpack and clean the vehicle regularly and undertake occasional inventories
- Current in first-aid training or willingness to complete first aid training
- Willingness to undertake accredited training in the use of a dart gun, have Lyssavirus vaccinations and ongoing checks of titre levels
- Committed to upholding a very high standard of animal welfare and care
- Attend species related training courses and keep upto date on all species knowledge
- Adherence to all WHS requirements and policies, procedures and requirements
To be successful you will be:
- Minimal 2 years animal handling experience
- Proven experience in animal care, vet studies, wildlife conservation, animal husbandry or animal welfare
- Current first aid training
- Maintain clean Driving record
- Complete Medical assessment of fitness for the role
- Previous snake handling training and experience (highly desired)
- Previous flying-fox training and up to date Lyssavirus vaccinations and titre levels (highly desired)
- Ideally accredited training and experience in the use of a dart gun
- Passionate about providing wildlife information and education to the community
- Experience and confidence working with people who may be distressed and anxious
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills in challenging rescues
This is an exciting "hands on" opportunity to join a wonderful organisation and support native animals and the community, the role is a full-time 12 month contract and may require you to drive long distances in each shift to attend critical rescues and would need you to have flexibility around working extra hours, with the need to resolve urgent rescues. If you have a passion to provide the best rescue service possibly and have strong customer service skills and proven "hands on" experience, join this fantastic team where no days are the same.
Apply Now by sending your cv to ***@optimalrecruitment.com.au or for a confidential chat please call 02 8416 4***.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.