Employee/Warehouse Driver (REMOTE)
Guest Services, Inc.
Ascending to 14,410 feet above sea level, Mt. Rainier is an iconic point in the Washington landscape. Our associates gain valuable experience here while meeting guests and coworkers from around the world, and in their free time they have a magical world of pristine mountain meadows, majestic waterfalls, peaceful old-growth forests, and much more to explore! Throughout the season we have regularly scheduled activities and day trips with transportation provided for associates, including trips to nearby adventures or cities like Seattle to visit Pike Place or catch a Mariners game! Employees with vehicles are only a short 2 hour trip away from exploring many destinations like Portland and Seattle on their own.
Because of our unique location, room and board are provided to associates who do not live in one of our surrounding communities at a very low-cost via payroll deduction. Laundry facilities are provided at each dorm unit at no cost to employees. Employee meals are served in Employee Dining Rooms. We can also accommodate a limited number of RV units. All RV's must be fully self-contained - no camper shells/vans, etc.
Do you naturally reach out to help others, including guests and co-workers? Are you excited by the opportunity to live in a remote and beautiful location? Are you willing and able to work hard? If so, we want to hear from you!
Transport property and merchandise, and employees to and from Ashford warehouse and park operating units in a large non-DOT regulated truck an average of two days per week, transport merchandise and employees in 14 passenger van the balance of the work week. Assist in warehouse and laundry as needed. Occasionally drive vehicles to other locations in park region.
- Safely drive non-DOT regulated truck and 14 passenger van on a daily basis.
- Drive vehicle over specified routes or to specified destinations adhering strictly to time schedules, complying with traffic regulations and state laws to ensure that passengers have a smooth and safe ride. Ensure that passengers follow safety regulations.
- Safely load product, laundry, and recycling onto and off of truck, often unassisted.
- Assume responsibility for the safety and security of passengers/goods during transport.
- Perform vehicle pre-trip safety inspection such as lights, brakes, horns, or windshield wipers, to ensure proper operation and maintain vehicle trip log.
- Report any vehicle malfunctions or needed repairs/maintenance to management immediately.
- Maintain food temperature log of food supplies transported in vehicles.
- Report all delays and accidents to management immediately. Complete accident reports when necessary.
- Communicate with resort by radio, telephone, or computer to exchange information and receive requests for passenger service (In compliance with HR Policies #417)
- Must comply with Guest Services' HR Policies #417 and #916
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance such as regulating tire pressure and adding gasoline/propane, oil, and water.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
- Perform such other related duties as directed or required.
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. required; some college preferred.
- Current valid driver's license with clean driving record required.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Must be able to work flexible hours: nights, weekends, holidays
- Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and more than 100 lbs. occasionally.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Ability to travel between different units within the park.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Non-DOT regulated truck, 14 passenger van, hand truck, pallet jack, rolling cart, radio.
- Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others.).
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: goggles, latex and rubber gloves.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.