Environment Artist - Console and PC Games - London, UK
Our client is looking for an experienced 3D environment artist to join their team in London building a new and highly ambitious online shooter. They are looking to grow a relatively small, tight-knit team, capable of delivering big ideas through experience, smart process, and world-class tools.
As an Experienced Environment Artist, you will build, and texture inspiring props, you will create modular components needed to assemble interior and exterior spaces. The ideal candidate would demonstrate an eye for detail and have a strong understanding of visual and design principles.
Beside extremely solid game production and implementation skills, the successful candidate should have have great teamwork, organization, and communication skills.
Please note that a portfolio submission is required for this position.
- Collaborate with the Art Lead and technical artists to help define the benchmark standards for the project's environments
- Work with the Art Lead and technical artists to help improve workflows, pipelines and best practice
- Ensure all assets are delivered against agreed technical specifications and quality bars and all assets are present and functioning in the game engine as intended
- Work within budges while hitting key timelines
- Ensure own work meets all artistic and technical benchmarks throughout the production cycle and timely delivery of assets
- Extensive experience creating high quality 3D art assets for AAA game
- At least 1 commercially released title
- Good communication skills, keeping stakeholders up to date with your progress and any potential issues that may arise throughout production
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry standard 3D and 2D software, ZBrush, Maya or 3DS Max, Substance Painter and Designer, Photoshop etc
- Strong knowledge of industry standard pipelines and workflows, high-low poly baking, modular asset creation, PBR material creation, whitebox level prototyping and asset implementation within the game
- Experience of working with Unreal Engine 4
- Keen understanding of current and new 3D techniques and technologies and a desire to drive quality while maintaining technical performance
- Proficiency in Substance Designer
- Experience with foliage creation is a big plus
- Experience of working with Photogrammetry
- UE4 blueprints system and common UE4 tools
- Knowledge of Mel, Maxscript or python scripting would be advantageous
- Experience of working with outsource partners
- Foundation in traditional Art and ability to concept ideas
- Experience in foliage creation would be a plus
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.