Equipment Operator (HD Plasma) Vancouver
Farwest is the preeminent metal solutions provider within the greater Western United States for all of your metals needs.
Join our team!
Shift: Graveyard Shift
Purpose of Position:To operate a High Definition Plasma table at maximum machine efficiency, generating highest part quality and performing general machine preventative maintenance based on safety and best practices in the steel service industry.
- Work as a key member of an efficient production team and produce parts accurately and in an efficient manner and follow any specific position protocols.
- Positively communicate with crane operators, machine operators, and parts processors to facilitate production and minimize downtime. Work with crane operators to maximize throughput in the warehouse.
- Review work instructions and verify consistency between batch ticket, and material, second size, part numbers, revision, process, material thickness/ grade.
- Verify Heat number with certification and follow certification procedure
- Participate in ensuring a safe work environment through best practices including promoting of company safety policies, OSHA guidelines, maintenance of a 5S workstation.
- Perform a first article inspection for thickness, measurements, and cut quality on each line item.
- Enhance customer satisfaction by ensuring parts meet quality expectations of machine manufacturer and customer.
- Accurately fill out paper paperwork.
- Mark remnants for re-stocking, add color code, heat number, thickness, and REM number.
- Consistently look to reduce operational cost: maximum material usage, maximize machine on time, maximize practical usage, protect equipment, observe and enforce safety protocols
- Cross train on other equipment to allow flexibility to Farwest.
- Clean equipment and work area after use each day.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Warehouse training or prior experience preferred
- Ability to read and write in English and to follow written instructions and record work activities performed.
- Ability to make accurate mathematical calculations, understand written and oral instruction.
As a condition of employment, all applicants are required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check that must be completed, post offer of employment. Farwest participates in eVerify and we confirm each candidate's eligibility to legally work in the US.
Farwest Steel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Veterans
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.