Executive Director, Oncology Hematology Transplant Medicine Clinical Development
Job Locations US-CA-Palo Alto | US-PA-Philadelphia
Posted Date 1 month ago(5/22/2020 5:30 PM)
Job ID 2020-5125
Category Research & Development
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is seeking a clinical development physician to lead programs in Hematology-Stem Cell Transplant. This person will be responsible for leading a team that oversees the development of multinational clinical studies, the interpretation of clinical trials data, clinical interactions with multidisciplinary groups across the company including R & D, commercial, regulatory and business development, and with external stake-holders including regulatory agencies and thought leaders (advisory boards, etc). The lead may oversee collaborations with partner companies to oversee the joint development of multiple products. In addition, the lead will contribute to the overall Jazz strategy in Hematology/Stem Cell Transplantation and contribute to due diligence activities that will lead to additional assets brought into the Therapeutic Area. The position will require a deep understanding of hematology-oncology drug development and relevant clinical experience in the therapeutic area.
* Lead Hematology Oncology Clinical Development Product Team and Lead cross-functional strategy for development of Hematology-Stem Cell Transplantation products
* Develop and implement strategic clinical plans in alignment with goals for the Hematology Oncology Therapeutic area.
* Set clinical development plan for lead asset
* Contribute to clinical development strategy for solid tumors
* Work within a matrix Research and Development organization
* Devise executive strategy to develop and implement clinical studies for investigational medicines and new indications for approved medicines
* Work closely with other functional areas within R & D (clinical operations, data management, biostatistics, clinical pharmacology, preclinical, external partners, pharmacovigilance/drug safety) to facilitate the execution of clinical trials and programs
* Develop regulatory strategy in response to regulatory guidelines and competitive intelligence in conjunction with project team members, regulatory affairs and senior management
* Provide clinical/scientific input during the development, execution and completion of clinical trials
* Lead preparation of clinical portions of all relevant regulatory filings (IND, NDA, etc) and review sections from other functional areas
* Review and prioritize Investigator Sponsored Trials
* Serve as lead medical representative with regulatory agencies
* Identify and interact with key opinion leaders and academic organizations to assure incorporation of latest clinical thinking and guidelines into clinical development plans
* Work with medical affairs on KOL mapping, publication planning
* Work with DM on planning for data extractions in support of clinical data
* Lead the development and implementation of communication/education programs designed to effectively communicate the therapeutic area to key opinion leaders, investigators and physicians
* Lead clinical advisory board meetings to obtain strategic input into clinical program development
* Serve as clinical (and medical) resource for clinical issues raised by internal and external collaborators, investigators, consultants and business development and investor contacts
* Partner with corporate development on the identification of external assets to build and strengthen the therapeutic area
* Provide clinical expertise and strategic input on new product concepts, long-range strategic plans and licensing opportunities
* Provide leadership to the multidisciplinary team and may manage other members of the clinical development team
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* 10 plus years of pharmaceutical development experience in hematology-oncology therapeutic areas
* Demonstrated scientific and therapeutic experience in hematology/stem cell transplantation
* Experience in preparation of regulatory submissions (INDs and NDAs) to US and European regulatory agencies. Lead preparation of clinical portions of relevant regulatory documents.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to work in an international collaborative environment
* Ability to effectively lead cross functional teams and successfully leverage internal and external partnerships
* Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to lead and manage multiple complex projects
* Demonstration of Jazz values in previous employment
* Demonstrated leadership ability
* A scientific track record demonstrated by publication record in peer reviewed journals
* Travel required (up to 10%-20% of the time)
* MD or Equivalent Required
* Medical degree, with specialized training in Hematology, Oncology and/or Transplant; U.S. Board Certification/Eligibility preferred
Collaborative and flexible in personal interactions at all levels of the company
Ability to work proactively and effectively, with exceptional creative problem solving skills
Proven strategic planning and communication skills across multiple disciplines
Demonstrated ability to work with upper management and provide input toward the setting and execution of corporate and departmental objectives
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.