Singapore Food Agency
Singapore Food Agency
The Singapore Food Agency (SFA) is a new Statutory Board formed under the Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources (MEWR) to oversee food safety and security. The SFA will serve as the single point of contact for public feedback on food-related issues, and strengthen management of foodborne disease outbreaks to protect public health.
The SFA will also facilitate more business-friendly regulations with oversight of all food safety policies and consolidation of food laboratory capabilities to deepen competencies in food diagnostics, and research and development in food safety.
You will be responsible to process the licence applications for food establishment, supermarket and temporary fair, conduct pre-licensing check of the premises to verify the layout and set up are in accordance to licensing requirements, and recommend issuance of licence when all the licensing requirements are met.Duties
- Process the licence applications, which include checking layout plan of premises and land agency’s approval, and impose suitable licensing conditions
- Conduct pre-licensing check of the premises to ensure compliance with the licensing requirements
- Attend to public enquiries on licensing-related matters
- Prepare and implement revised/new licensing regime/initiatives
- Represent the Department in inter-agency committee/work groups when required
- Knowledge in HACCP or Food Safety Management System will have an added advantage
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly self-motivated, able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Meticulous and able to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially in Microsoft Excel
Office Location: SFA HQ @ JEM
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the interview.
Advertised: 29 Jun 2020 Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: 13 Jul 2020 Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.