Experienced Registered Nurse - TeleTriage
Who are we?
Sonder is an on-demand support network that helps enterprise and university partners support their people across a spectrum of needs from psychological to physical, preventative to responsive. We are tech enabled for support at scale, people supported for help in person.
Sonder was launched in 2017 to provide on-demand support to international students based in Australia. Today we support over 150,000 members at 40 Universities across ANZ and a fast growing list of blue chip enterprise partners.
Founded by former military, government and technology experts, our purpose is to help people live their lives with confidence.
What is the opportunity?
Sonder is seeking energetic and experienced nurses to staff the TeleTriage role in our 24/7 support centre.
The TeleTriage Nurse under the direction of Sonder’s Medical Director and supervision of the Nurse Unit Manager will conduct telephone and chat messenger screening of our member’s health concerns, including acute and chronic medical and mental health issues, and provide members with referral to appropriate care. Responsibilities include:
- Determine priority/criticality of member condition
- Make referral decisions and provide clinical handover as appropriate including:
- Emergency services or mental health crisis team
- Emergency Department, Urgent Care/Stand-alone ED, Medical Centre, or GP
- Counseling lines (lifeline, beyond blue, etc)
- Other partner EAP or counselling services
- Conduct follow-up to determine any further assistance
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will apply innovative solutions to complex problems and be a strong team player with excellent communication and assessment skills.
You are someone who can work autonomously, and as part of a broader operations team. You can make quick, accurate, and appropriate referral decisions based on your clinical expertise and in accordance with our healthcare governance framework.
You are compassionate, enthusiastic and have the ability to thrive in a small but high growth team, in a fast paced startup environment. You enjoy being an integral part of a “for-purpose” company helping our members feel safe every day.
Whether you are looking for a break from your current role, or if you want a change in lifestyle and work environment, we will consider permanent full-time or fixed term contract to align with the needs of the right candidate.
You will be/have:
- 5+ years of nursing experience including:
- Triage - Mandatory
- ED - Mandatory
- MH - Mandatory (includes ED unit or MH unit experience)
- Background in any of the following are ideal:
- Ambulance/Special Events
- Cruise Ship Nursing
- Operations/Call/Contact Centres
- Current registration with AHPRA without restrictions
- Hold current professional indemnity insurance appropriate to role
Find out more about Sonder at
If this sounds like the role for you, hurry up and apply because we can’t wait to meet you!
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Police Check and Working With Children Check.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.