Expert Firmware Engineer
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Leads multiple project teams of other firmware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on firmware design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall firmware leadership and perspective to cross- organization projects, programs, and activities
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the firmware design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Typically 6-10 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive experience with multiple firmware design tools and languages.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of firmware and interaction with hardware designs for products and solutions.
- Designing and integrating firmware into overall architecture and hardware design
- Evaluating forms and processes for firmware testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, designproposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
- Programming experience on Linux, C++, C, and Python
- Familiarity with Jira
- Decision making and actions in line with HP’s leadership principles (Imagine the future; Inspire the team; Make it happen)
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.