Field Engineer - Keystone XL
Field Engineer - Keystone XL
Reference Code: 72142
Location: United States (US) - Houston, TX
Job Category: Engineering
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
Application Deadline: 07/31/2020
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
The Field Engineer – Keystone L, will support growth and capital expansion projects by providing on-site and in-office technical construction guidance. This position reports to the Manager of Pipeline Project Engineering, US Major Projects.
What you’ll do
- Coordinate pipeline engineering deliverables development as per the project schedule
- Liaise with technical groups both within and external to the project to ensure a complete and comprehensive technical package of information is available for regulatory processes, construction, and transition to operations
- Ensure quality requirements for engineering, materials and construction related work are clearly established and met
- Participate in technical meetings with the project Client and regulators, as required
- Interact with project support groups such as Document Control and Project Controls to enable effective overall project management
- Engage and effectively apply project team, functional, and contractor resources to meet project objectives
- Work with the project team to identify and resolve key design and execution risks and issues, while maintaining the project schedule
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and TC Energy standards and specifications
- Works with larger project engineering team to support design modifications and feasibility
- Applies thorough technical knowledge of specifications, design standards, acceptable practices, materials, methods and equipment used in pipeline construction
- Collaborate with the construction team and the environment team to ensure alignment
- May require extended travel during key construction activities
- Report writing, reviews and presentations
- Other tasks as required
- University Degree in Engineering with 6 or more years of relevant experience
- Candidates with extensive experience but no engineering degree may align to the Technologist job family
- Project engineering/management experience on pipeline and facilities projects is preferred
- Field exposure to construction, in particular engineering and construction management
- Good background on quality management processes
- Knowledge of project influences such as regulatory, environment and stakeholder relations
- Project management experience demonstrated through completion of large, complex projects
- Experience in managing a suite of contractors and consultants
- Exposure to large Capital or Growth projects
*This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Provide a driver’s abstract for review
- Successfully complete a pre-employment medical screening, including drug and alcohol testing
- Successfully complete a security clearance/criminal record check
- Travel to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings or trainings which would involve some overnight stays away from home
Be exposed to hazards typical to construction sites.
About our Business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Our 4,900-kilometre (3,000-mile) liquids pipeline system connects growing continental oil supplies to key markets and refineries. The Keystone Pipeline System delivers approximately 20 per cent of western Canadian exports to key refinery markets in the U.S. Midwest and Gulf Coast, where it is converted into fuel and other useful petroleum products
Apply to this posting by 07/31/2020 using reference code 72142. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.