Field Service Engineer 2 - Imaging Systems, Multi-Vendor & CT - (Philadelphia & South New Jersey)
Field Service Engineer 2 - Imaging Systems, Multi-Vendor & CT - (Philadelphia & South New Jersey)Job Description
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Support Philips Imaging Systems – Multi-Vendor & CT business in the Philadelphia and South New Jersey area. This position will be responsible for customer relationship management through the effective use of technical knowledge to install, troubleshoot, service, and maintain equipment at customer sites; generate service revenue; adherence to state and federal regulatory requirements.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
You are responsible for
- Build credibility and trust with customers by conducting pro-active customer visits.
- Provide appropriate, timely, and regular communications to customer and internal key stakeholders regarding customer and equipment issues.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to identify and resolve customer issues. Follow the appropriate escalation process.
- Provide exceptional customer service by adhering to customer entitlements, setting clear expectations, meeting commitments and arrival times. Understand customer's business and competitive environment.
- Generate revenue growth by offering solutions aligned with service portfolio.
- Adopt, develop and implement best practices.
- Proactively schedule activities and make yourself available to assist others.
- Seek out opportunities to increase capability and capacity (i.e. may be required to become qualified in multiple modalities, learns new tools). Assist in identifying training gaps within the team.
- Actively seek to mentor others.
- Actively participate as a member of regional work team and works to improve team processes.
- Operate under the required knowledge of State and Federal regulatory requirements. Adhere to established training, quality, and safety requirements.
- Manage company assets effectively in accordance with established Philips processes and guidelines including labor time, parts ordering and returns, tools and test equipment calibration, purchase orders, equipment, company vehicles, business expenditures, etc.
- Perform all administrative duties within established Philips and regulatory time frames including time sheets, service work orders, expense reports, Field Change Orders, preventative maintenance, installation documents, site and service documentation, and other related paperwork.
- Must be qualified and perform work in at least one modality. May be required to become qualified in and perform work in multiple modalities. Maintains knowledge of technical advances and current industry trends. Seeks out formal and informal training opportunities.
- Independently resolve equipment and customer issues.
- Independently complete PMs, FCOs, installations, and all related tasks.
- Independently diagnose and resolve electronic, network, and mechanical problems.
- Utilize tools, support, resources and escalation processes within required timeframe to resolve customer and system problems timely and effectively.
You are a part of
Working as part of our Global Sales and Service organization, you will benefit from the team’s growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services portfolio, while being challenged to drive our best-in-class reputation through top customer experience ratings.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Associate Degree in electronics or engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years work experience
- Working knowledge of computers and networking.
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is compliant with Philips' Fleet Policy.
- Understand and apply electronic, mechanical and networking theory to install, diagnose and repair equipment including knowledge and use of all necessary tools and test equipment. Understanding of mechanical theory preferred.
- Experience with diagnostic imaging equipment required.
- Strong organizational skills, self-disciplined, and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of employees and customers both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively operate in a team driven environment and share knowledge to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements in a complex, fast pace environment.
- Understand and utilize technical vocabulary to perform tasks according to either verbal or written instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and site drawings.
- This position will require you to meet all customer specific mandates such as vaccinations and or screening tests.
This is a remote/home based position
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance of Philadelphia or the South New Jersey area.
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we are used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or
Call to Action / Contact
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.