Field Service Engineer Birmingham, AL 1
THE ROLE (Birmingham, AL)
Accessibility Notice: If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email
to: or call . Reasonable
accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Do you enjoy solving technical problems and explaining them to customers? Are
you a self-starter who enjoys the independence of working autonomously in a
variety of workplaces? We have the right job for you!
You will spend most of your time visiting and supporting our customers,
supplying technical expertise for Atlas Copco handheld tools, fixtured tooling,
and software solutions. Positive customer interaction and strong customer
service are paramount to success in the position, as well as a desire to grow
* Troubleshoot and repair equipment/software at the customer facility
* Strong communication skills both to the customer and in written service
* Self-starter able to manage several assignments and take ownership of
customer s needs
* Strong computer skills are required.
* Must be able to travel via commercial airlines
* Must have a valid US Driver s License
* Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
* Flexible work hours are a requirement.
* Will require 60% travel locally within region and 40% travel nationally.
* Some weekends and OT will be required.
* Experience working in a workshop/repair environment, working with
fastening equipment, or torque theory and fastening knowledge is highly
* Any experience with large scale production and maintenance is a benefit.
* Experience with preventative maintenance and calibration is also
* A computer science background with experience with software, networking,
or IT are highly desirable skills.
* High School diploma or GED required
* Some College preferred
* Independent self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication
skills. Ability to perform troubleshooting procedures during production
Our Team Who is Atlas Copco?
Atlas Copco is a culture first company trying to find new team members who are
a good fit for us and who will find Atlas Copco as the right fit for them. Our
culture is defined by respectful and ethical behavior, access to many
opportunities to grow and develop, and a global support structure.
View our Culture Video to learn more about our global and mission-filled
Start a journey of endless opportunities
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a
better way. Our leading-edge technology and great ideas enable us to innovate
for the future.
We believe that passionate people make it happen. You are a brand ambassador
and our face towards our customers. With us you drive your own professional
journey and you are empowered to act.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow.
This is where it begins Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.
Atlas Copco is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable
federal, state and local fair employment practices laws. Atlas Copco strictly
prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or
any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and
status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, physical or mental
disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed
services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under
applicable federal, state or local law.
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.