Field Service Technician (REMOTE)
A Great Opportunity to Join our team to help Build Something Amazing:
Full Benefits + 401k
Great Starting Pay
Company Cell Phone
Would you like to work from home and earn an excellent salary? Then this is the career for you! This is a home-based position can be based anywhere from the Wichita KS to Kansas City MO. In this position, you work directly with the customers to set up the repair appointments, you order your own parts and the base of operations is your home. You will be responsible for providing after delivery service to our customers and follow-up training regarding customer expectations to our sales team and designers. We provide all the tools you'll need including a cell phone, printer, laptop and company van that you park at your home. You organize your territory, attend to customers in a timely manner and provide documentation of your work using company issued software. We also offer full medical/dental benefits, 401K and paid holidays.
Provides after delivery service to our customers to address any concerns with their product. Provides resolution by diagnosing and repairing all aspects of customer concerns.
• This position establishes credibility with customers, inspects products to identify any manufacturing defects, product abuse, and other issues
• Diagnoses issues and provides solutions to customers, including time to repair, costs, and other potential options. May contact a Representative at the Contact Center or Field Services Supervisor if the product is beyond repair, for questions on warranty, etc. If unable to provide resolution, communication must be made to the Contact Center to provide further options for resolution including up to full replacement of the product.
• Completes all data entry requirements after each service visit and enters service information into customer's ticket (add notes from the service event/attach photos of product highlighting customer's concerns and product label). Responsible for daily ordering of service parts and properly stocking service van with parts inventory
• Schedules service appointments with customers and manages routing schedule. Responsible for communications with customers (e.g., phone, email, text, etc.). Must also attempt to contact customers a 2nd & 3rd time if the customer does not respond via preferred communications method, leaving detailed messages and requesting responses
• Communicates effectively with Supervisor, explaining details of escalated customer concerns. Informs Supervisor of any accidents, personal issues, customers that are not at home upon arrival, or any situation that needs immediate action
• Partners with store personnel to maintain showroom inventory and to assist with customer's concerns for final issue resolution
• Maintains company owned service vehicle, including maintenance and cleaning, reporting any concerns to Field Services Supervisor immediately
SCOPE & IMPACT:
This position has direct contact with our customer base and is responsible for knowledge of company products, parts, and warranties. Quality of repair/resolution, may impact customer service level metrics (e.g., repeat visit counts, first time fix rate, next available service, etc). Technicians must also possess the necessary soft skills to effectively communicate with customers while representing La-Z-Boy in a positive light.
• High school diploma or GED with 4-6 years of relevant experience or equivalent
• Valid US issued driver's license
• Maintain acceptable driving record that meets company expectations.
• Possess complete understanding of repair, repair process and next steps
• Furniture Repair experience
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions. Often required to sit, hear, listen, talk, stand, bend, kneel, squat, pull, push, lift up to 30 pounds. Seldom required to use repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walk, stoop, climb stairs, crouch, balance, reach overhead, and lift over 50 pounds.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
La-Z-Boy Incorporated and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that support and subscribe to a policy of nondiscrimination in all aspects of employment. La-Z-Boy will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable laws.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.