Field System Administrator Federal Electronic Classroom
Updated: Jun 30, 2020
Location: Indianapolis, IN, United States
Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN) Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) is one the largest IT services program for the Navy and U.S. Marine Corps (USMC), supporting approximately 400,000 seats around the world. Under SMIT, the SMIT contractor will provide enterprise services to the Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN), Navy-Marine Corps Internet (NMCI), and OCONUS Navy Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) including transport, datacenter, network operations, service desk, cybersecurity, and managed services. CDW-G will be supporting the SMIT contractor in several of these service areas.
The System Administrator role within the configuration center is responsible for the administration of several configurations service offerings including but not limited to standard imaging, custom labeling, and custom branding. Additionally, they provide technical support to both the deployment and pre-sales teams within the CDW configuration center.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage a support request queue. Coverage areas include (but are not limited to): technical troubleshooting, network access control, & custom label printing
- Administer the custom label printing service and equipment
- Administer the custom engraving service
- Administer the color branding service
- Administer the standard imaging service
- Complete orders for miscellaneous administrative configuration services
- Testing and implementation of tablet OS configurations
- Document internal processes
- Provide exceptional sales support for customer projects
- Consult with outside technical staff and customers to resolve configuration issues
- Research new technology and possible compatibility issues, creating process documents, as well as maintaining web forms and updating documentation
- Assist with custom label printing when needed
- Complete any other goals or tasks assigned by management
- It may be necessary on occasion for this individual to work beyond their regularly scheduled shift
- Overtime is to be expected and in some cases, may be required
- Sit and stand in imaging department and walk around to resolve / investigate issues.
MUST HAVE ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE
- High School diploma or GED
- CompTIA A+ or equivalent technical certification
- CompTIA Network+ certification or an equivalent combination of education and a minimum of three years of experience with the ability to demonstrate knowledge
- 3rd certification (Security +, Linux +, Server +, ACSP, or comparable certification)
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of networking hardware, software, and imaging processes demonstrated by the ability to troubleshoot issues in a LAN environment and customize advanced settings inside a Windows operating system.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and external parties
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong foundation in client computing
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of coworkers
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to continually learn new technology and to keep pace with an ever-changing industry
- Demonstrate ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds of force rarely (0-12%% of the workday). The personal lifting requirement is allowed only up to 50lbs. The team lift system must be utilized for loads weighing more than 50 pounds.
- Demonstrate ability to push and pull up to 25 pounds of force rarely (0-12% of the workday).
- Demonstrate ability to perform eight or more hours of standing, walking, bending, lifting, stooping and carrying products in combination at any given time.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment which includes changes in temperature as weather fluctuates, noise from conveyors and forklifts.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of department's service offerings
- Experience with Adobe creative suite
- Proficient in Microsoft Access and SQL
- Preferred Qualifications for Internal Applicants only:
- Worked in Configuration Services for a minimum of 12 months or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of CDW's internal systems including order status inquires and updating order comments
Job Category: Outside SalesJob Type: Full-TimeTravel Percentage: 25%Share:
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.