FInance CICD Engineer
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports
your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is
helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of
people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for
the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being
knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all
else. We Live Mutual.
We re growing and our clients deserve the best. As a Cloud CICD
engineer, you ll have an opportunity to work with the latest AWS
cloud infrastructure, platform and software services (IaaS, PaaS and
SaaS) manage our continuous-integration and continuous-delivery
(CI/CD) pipeline on our AWS cloud-based data management platform. The
primary objective of the data management platform is to onboard and
process MassMutual s corporate finance, risk and investment data.
The Cloud CICD engineer is a core engineering role within the
data-management team and is charged with governing the CI/CD pipeline
and managing our Cloud applications. The Cloud CICD engineer must
bring a deep technical background, must be well-versed in AWS Cloud
technology, and should possess hands-on expertise in scripting
languages, distributed-data-management technologies
(Apache/open-source) and must possess expert level knowledge in Linux
OS, SQL and Python. The CICD engineer s primary responsibility is to
manage, support and enhance the underlying AWS applications of our
data management platform and to establish guardrails around our CI/CD
pipeline.). In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you
will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be
inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in
the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong
communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits,
resilience and self-awareness.
What success looks like.
* Develop and deploy project migration pipeline from Development to
QA to Production environments end-to-end
* Develop project specific Git (Bitbucket) repositories and
establish security and modularization to facilitate migration
* Develop Jenkins projects to ensure secure access
* Help establish appropriate active-directory (AD) groups
* Support our cloud-formation templates to manage the
data-management platform infrastructure in AWS cloud
* Ensure appropriate containerization (Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes et
al) is done to facilitate ongoing enhancements
Exhibit some of key MassMutual core competencies as below:
* Accountability: Earn confidence and trust by demonstrating
ownership, commitment and follow-through in achieving results.
* Agility: Manage priorities effectively and adapt quickly to
* Business Acumen: Build a deep understanding of business to guide
decisions and actions that support strategy.
* Communication: Inform and influence others clearly, timely and
* Courage: Are not afraid to speak up when it matters, ask tough
questions, make decisions and/or admit when help is needed.
* Development: Exhibit curiosity and pursue learning opportunities.
What your days and weeks will include.
* Collaborate with our IT & Cloud site-reliability-engineering (SRE)
teams to ensure best practices security measures are established
* Publish Cloud onboarding guidelines to the engineering team
* Be a trusted engineer for the data management team in safeguarding
the underlying Cloud infrastructure
* Collaborate with the engineering team to prioritize use-cases and
deliver on them
* Follow agile development methodology to deliver timely solution
* Follow CICD (continuous-integration and deployment) pipeline to
ensure seamless migration across development, QA and production
* Conduct periodic reviews with the larger IT and cloud engineering
team to ensure alignment with standards
* Publish CICD standards and guidelines
The skills that make you a great fit.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in Cloud infrastructure
* Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now, and in the
* 8 + years of overall experience.
* Hands-on experience for a minimum of 5 years in various flavors of
Linux Operating Systems
* Hands-on experience for a minimum of 3 years in
distributed-data-management technologies Apache Hadoop (AWS
EMR), Spark, and Vertica preferred
* Hands-on experience for a minimum of 5 years in advanced SQL
* Hands-on coding experience in Python programming language
* Experienced in enabling and supporting data analysts in complex
data science projects
* Deep proficiency in data architecture and data management
principles traditional RDBMS, MPP appliances, columnar
repositories and distributed-data technologies
* Experienced in agile & waterfall project-management methodologies
* Advanced degree in Computer Science preferred
* Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
Why Join Us.
We ve been around since 1851. During our history, we ve learned a
few things about making sure our customers are our top priority. In
order to meet and exceed their expectations, we must have the best
people providing the best thinking, products and services. To
accomplish this, we celebrate an inclusive, vibrant and diverse
culture that encourages growth, openness and opportunities for
everyone. A career with MassMutual means you will be part of a strong,
stable and ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits.
And your voice will always be heard.
Recognized as a 2019 World s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere,
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure
their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our
policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put
customers first. It s more than our company structure it s our
way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company
exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and
rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with
Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note:
Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.