Fire Systems Assistant
- This work is happening in a fast paced environment, and applicants will need to be in good physical condition and be willing to work a full 40 hours per week.
- Applicants should be physically fit and able to lift lengths of fire hose for the entire shift.
- In addition to being physically fit preference may be given to those with fire service experience and those living close to the University of BC where the testing will take place.
- You will be part of an experienced crew and will be assisting with the removal of fire hoses from fire trucks, connecting the hoses to testing equipment, logging data on spreadsheets, and assisting with the re-racking of the tested equipment back onto the truck.
- The fire hose sizes vary in diameter from 1.5” up to 5”, and applicants will have to fill, drain, and re-roll hoses once testing is complete.
- The work is primarily outdoors and will happen rain or shine from approximately July 21st to August 21, 2020.
- Rate of pay for this position is $20/hr, and there will be opportunity for performance bonuses in addition to the hourly wage if the applicant can exceed certain benchmarks.
The job will be 5 minutes from the UBC Campus.
Applicants will be responsible for:
- Steel toed work boots.
- Transportation to UBC Campus area.
About Total Rescue:
We are an industrial service company that specializes in fire systems testing and installations, standby rescue and planning, safety training and program development, equipment sales and amazing customer service.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.