First VP, Enterprise Data Governance & Quality, Data Management Office
United Overseas Bank
Posting Date: 03-Jul-2020
Location: Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Data Management Office and Big Data Analytics function answers the demand for quality and credible data across the Group.
Data Management Office
We govern the use of data across the Group and provide guidance for data management and usage. This optimises the value of data to enable smarter, faster and more accurate decision-making as well as improve operational efficiency. Above all, we ensure adherence to all data governance standards as determined by regulators.
Big Data Analytics
We are a centralised analytics function that supports Group-wide business units and their analytical needs. We aim to establish ourselves as an analytics centre of excellence and drive analytics adoption and the utilisation of new big data technology across the Group. Our key areas of service range from business intelligence, strategic analytics to data science.
The role, as part of the Enterprise Data Governance & Quality (EDGQ) function, supports the vision, strategy and objectives set for data governance and data quality across the Group, in line with the Banks business strategy and objectives. The role is responsible to lead data quality initiatives across the Bank, in order to meet regulatory requirements (such as BCBS 239) or supporting data monetization initiatives. The main responsibilities include:
- Lead the regional BCBS 239 data quality rollout across Group and countries, covering multiple work streams and stakeholders
- Lead the planning, co-ordination, stakeholder management, progress reporting, risk and issue management
- Provide guidance and expertise in the understanding of business-data requirements, design of data quality checks, data profiling, root cause analysis and design of data quality dashboards
- Collaborate with technology functions and look at innovative ways of resolving issues around data sourcing/availability, data architecture and infrastructure
- Provide regular updates to the Project Steering Committee as well as other Management Committees on the progress of data quality projects
- Provide leadership and guidance to a team of data quality specialists
- Develop strong relationship with key business and technology stakeholders. Also, collaborate with other EDGQ leads in promoting the development and operationalisation of data governance and quality best practices
- Be a change agent and promote adoption of robust data governance culture and discipline in business as well as technical processes
- Degree in Information Technology, Business Computing, Data Analytics or related disciplines with at least 10 years of working experience in the Banking Industry, or Consulting with strong exposure to Financial Services
- Proven track record in delivering large regulatory focused projects in financial institutions, ideally around BCBS 239 or similar risk and regulatory data initiatives
- Strong project management, negotiation and multi-tasking skills, with experience in managing senior stakeholders
- Experience with managing personnel as a team leader or supervisor, providing coaching and mentoring support
- Experience in strong project management at a regional/global scale
- Ability to work effectively under rigorous and dynamic timelines
- Possess good understanding of banking products and processes
- Experience with data quality tools and technologies, such as Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) will be an advantage
- Excellent written / oral communication as well as presentation skills
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.