FLEET MECHANIC I
Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Complete a quality preventative maintenance inspection and repairs on all company owned equipment, to include tractors, trailers, refrigerated units and support equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment to appropriate specifications (OEM, DOT, Swift, ect).
- Inspect, analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose and perform minor and/or complex repairs for all equipment.
- Disassemble, repair and re-assemble of Heavy Tuck & Trailer components; including but not limited to; refrigerated units, diesel engines, transmissions, axles and any other components or systems.
- Perform tire maintenance to include: repairs, failure analysis, coding, identification.
- Perform offsite repairs to include minor to mid level roadside breakdowns as directed by leadership.
- May be required to test drive equipment if certified.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives.
- Skills: Demonstrated/proven superior customer service skills. Ability to read and understand repair manuals, understanding and ability to complete/fill tags and repair orders. Ability to use and learn various diagnostic software used on tractor/trailers. Must possess excellent computer skills.
- Education: High School, GED or combination of training and/or experience required. Drivers license required.
- Experience Required: Entry-level knowledge of vehicle systems and basic vehicle maintenance preferred.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.