At Pet Circle, we want to create a world where pets and their families are healthy, happy and spend more time together. We make buying pet supplies and pet food online easy and convenient. Over the past nine years, we’ve grown to become one of Australia's Top 5 Online retailers and No.1 in the Online Pet industry. Recently we were awarded the "Fast Mover Award" at the Online Retail Industry Awards. We have a world-class NPS score and we need your help to continue delighting our customers and their pets!
As the pet industry continues to grow, and our pets are holding bigger spaces in our hearts and homes than ever before, Pet Circle will continue to thrive. As a venture backed company, we have big goals for growth. We’ve scaled from 100 to over 400 people in the last 18 months alone. This is a unique opportunity in your career to be part of an exceptional growth story.
Reporting to our Commercial Manager, our FP&A Lead will be instrumental in leading the FP&A function but also assisting the Commercial team in providing decision support to the business. This role has the ability to expand exponentially as you grow your knowledge of the underlying business and are able to add additional value through decision support and assistance in strategic project execution.
- Work with Business Unit & Functional Heads to build annual budgets, forecast and to consolidate information into meaningful executive and board reports
- Own the Annual Operating Plan process - partnering with Marketing, supply chain, customer service and merchandising teams to drive specific project planning and execution
- Support the business with financial / operational modelling including scenario and sensitivity analysis to understand the key drivers impacting the business
- Enhance and maintain budget/forecast model
- Ownership of company level reporting (both financial and operational)
- Working collaboratively with the executive leadership team to prepare the annual company budget and a coherent business plan that Pet Circle can execute on
- Demonstrating thought leadership and being comfortable with proposing changes to evolve the current planning process
- Taking a hands-on role in owning the financial forecasting process including understanding all the key drivers and forecasting different scenarios for the business
- Working autonomously with limited guidance or uncertain information
- Degree in Business/Finance/Accounting (CA/CPA qualified)
- Experience in business partnering and working in a cross functional team environment
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Proven experience in building financial models
- Excellent analytical skills and business acumen
- Strong communicator being able to synthesise unstructured data and explain to non technical stakeholders
- Self starter attitude, learn quickly and adapt to an ever changing environment
- Ability to change gears quickly from low level detail to guiding strategic direction in one conversation
- Ability to exercise good judgement and be comfortable dealing with imperfect information/inputs
- Big 4 experience is highly regarded
- Accountability - Promises are made, and promises are kept
- Teamwork - Value the diverse backgrounds and expertise we all bring
- Communication - Honest, clear and respectful
- Continuous Improvement - Failure is OK, as long as we own it and learn from it
- Enjoy being part of a driven team with a collaborative culture that values decision-makers and action
- Enjoy solid career progression in the continuously growing e-commerce industry while working alongside top-notch e-commerce professionals
- Get the value of working with a great company without working for a big company (not just yet anyway!)
- Take advantage of our generous employee discount and pawrental leave
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.