Fraud Associate - Charlotte, NC
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
Credit Karma depends upon our users' trust. We earn and maintain that trust by demonstrating our commitment to safeguarding their information. The Trust & Safety team has the critical responsibility of protecting Credit Karma's members by securing our online processes and preventing online fraud and abuse throughout the Credit Karma product suite.
What You'll Do
- The role will be responsible for reviewing transactions and account creations for fraud, related to our new Financial Account products!
- Understand Credit Karma member support processes on issues related to security, fraud, and account recovery
- Work fraud alerts generated by modeling and strategies teams
- Identify fraud trends and take the appropriate action
- Investigate new account and synthetic fraud cases
- Evaluate account takeover indicators and mitigate risk of member compromise
- Work closely with our engineers, data scientists and others to prevent fraud
- Assist our Member Support team in responding to our Members
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical work experience
- In depth knowledge of financial fraud and abuse
- Knowledgeable on multiple types of banking and financial fraud
- Experience at a Fintech company or regulated financial institution
- Basic knowledge of AML and KYC
- 1-2 years of related experience
- A fun and positive attitude!
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.