Fraud Specialist - Charlotte, NC
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
Credit Karma depends upon our users' trust. As an experienced fraud specialist, you are important to the efforts necessary for Credit Karma to earn and maintain users' trust by demonstrating our commitment to safeguarding their information. The Trust & Safety team has the critical responsibility of protecting Credit Karma's members by securing our online processes and preventing online fraud and abuse throughout the Credit Karma product suite.
What You'll Do
- Identifies new data sources into the fraud environment to assist in fraud resolution
- Defines new fraud detection techniques and processes
- Documents and trains analyst staff on new processes
- Identify fraud trends and take the appropriate action
- Work closely with our partners to develop, maintain and mature our fraud operating procedures and processes
- Leads implementation of strategic initiatives by partnering with various internal and external stakeholders as required; complexity of initiatives may vary and usually involve multiple partners across the enterprise
- Acts as the prime fraud domain specialist for complex fraud cases
- Works advanced and complex fraud cases
- Identifies enablers and key issues prior to and during implementation, raises issues with partners and offers solutions to resolve issues and risks
- Breaks down escalated fraud cases, analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations
- Defines and documents business requirements, processes and for fraud prevention systems
- Develops and documents new fraud process designed to mitigate emerging fraud risks
- Deep knowledge and experience with fraud, the fraud management life cycle and industry trends
- Extensive experience in Financial Services or FinTech
- Confident knowledge of project management and business process reengineering
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders
- Experience at a regulated financial institution
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.