Front-end Developer (Ember.js)
Vero is the messaging platform that scales personalisation.
We enable engineers and marketers to work together to track, store and organise their data and workflows to power more useful email and push messages. We've tracked over six billion actions for more than five hundred million end-users and we're growing quickly.
About the role
You will be working closely with Vero's Head of Engineering and other Senior Engineers and Designers to design and implement new features and improvements to Vero's web-based UI. Our focus is on building an easy-to-use yet powerful and flexible product.
This role will be based in Sydney at our HQ in Surry Hills.
- Think ahead and build for the future as opposed to band-aid fixes for today. We need to balance the "getting things done" part of a startup with long-term future-proofing of Vero's application.
- Working closely with the product manager and designer in preparing and approving the scope of work for development teams.
- Taking a customer-focused approach to development work.
- Develop tools and applications that use clean, efficient code, ensuring code quality and standards while meeting deadlines and delivering targets set by the product team.
We're looking for someone to join our team who can ensure we build architecture for the long-term. You need to have a strong problem-solving ability and the aptitude to consider the big picture when solving engineering challenges.
We strive for elegant solutions that are as simple yet as effective as possible.
We expect that you'll have an interest in and respect for both the latest technologies available on cloud providers, as well as traditional technologies such as PostgreSQL. We have found that often tools and frameworks tried-and-tested over decades provide the most elegant solutions.
Three key values lived at Vero are:
We're proud of our culture and if these values sound on point to you, we'd love to hear from you!
- 4+ years' experience building and delivering Ember.js, React or VueJS applications for production usage, at scale.
- At least 2+ years of Ember.js experience.
- Understanding of common browser APIs and recent extensions to the HTTP protocol as they relate to frontend development.
- Understanding of how to write secure frontend code and an awareness of common web application security vulnerabilities.
- Ability to work independently.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree.
- Contributions to major open source projects.
- Experience working in remote teams is an advantage.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible work. Work in the way that produces your best results. Many of our team members work from home one day a week, others come to the office every day and many are completely remote. We're committed to helping you feel like you can be the happiest and most productive you.
- Team conference. We host an annual team conference to get together as a team, challenge the status-quo and expand our vision for the future.
- Parental leave. We offer a generous parental leave policy.
- Visa application. We cover visa application and processing fees to sponsor team members in relocating to Sydney, Australia.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.