Front End Web Developer - Summer Student
CFIB takes direction from more than 110,000 members in every business sector nationwide, giving independent business a strong and influential voice at all levels of government, supporting them with the tools, advice and resources they need and providing them with exclusive savings and services. Everything we do is focused on increasing business owners' chances of success.
Reporting to the Full Stack Developer, this role will develop for all front-end aspects of CFIB's websites (ie. cfib.ca and others), in accordance with CFIB brand guidelines, principles and priorities which includes new template development, working with the IT team reviewing site UX/UI and performance to provide recommendations for refinements, executing site updates and supporting internal content contributors.
- Front end development on web and mobile platforms
- Maintain existing websites as well as designing and implementing new front end functionality
- Optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate on analysis, UX/UI design, editing, testing, and documenting look and flow of websites and organization of web content
- Apply technical principles, coding structures and plugins to create a website environment that is personalized to the site user
- Evaluate and modify site as appropriate to improve site UX/UI and functionality.
- Work closely with internal departments and external vendor resources to complete ongoing website projects
- Provide assistance in archiving data on the web
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Computer Science or similar programming, development, or web-design education or equivalent experience preferred
- Demonstrable experience with web technologies
- Demonstrated ability to convert wireframes and mock-ups into web templates/pages
- Experience building responsive web templates and dynamic web experiences will be considered a strong asset as well as knowledge of any/all PHP, .Net, C#, Azure, and RESTful APIs.
- Quick learner with ability to pick up new technologies/skills and business knowledge
- Well organized and work within timelines effectively providing high levels of efficiency and productivity
- Must be sensitive to the nature of the information and must maintain all information confidential
- A high level of tact and discretion is required to ensure that the appropriate image of CFIB is maintained with all contacts
CFIB is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.