Frontline Origination Mortgage Underwriter (Remote/Work From Home Contractor)- UT
MetaSource is seeking dynamic detail-oriented individuals to join its Mortgage Service team as an Independent Contractor working as an Underwriter.
What does an Origination Underwriter do?
This Underwriter provides quality income and asset analysis for residential mortgage loan files. This position ensures that all aspects of the loan transaction were completed correctly and that loans meet agency guidelines and adheres to federal and state mandates.
- Analyze residential mortgage loan files
- Identify documentation deficiencies and /or Agency eligibility violations
- Calculation of income, including analyzing tax returns for self-employed borrowers is required
- Credit and liability analysis
- Fraud and misrepresentation analysis
- Analyze and determine qualifying assets/reserves
- Maintain current knowledge of Agency guidelines and underwriting requirements
- Provide accurate and useful feedback to clients, to help them effectively drive quality
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) converse with lender clients regarding deal structuring
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of recent underwriting experience
- Recent defined as actively employed in the residential mortgage underwriting field within the last year
- Employment gaps over 6 months must be explained
- Conventional and Conventional MI Underwriting loan experience
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to learn new computer programs and systems quickly
- Excellent organization with intrinsic attention to detail
- Ability to communicate professionally with proper grammar
- Demonstrate ability to independently problem-solve with minimal supervision
- Employment is contingent upon completing and passing a background check and an underwriting test
- Competitive Piece Rate Compensation
- Remote/ Work from home capability
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.