FT Dishwasher at Holmes Regional Medical Center
Work for the betterment of an organization that is already recognized as a world class community provider of healthcare. For more than 80 years, Health First has been committed to improving the wellness and health of Brevard County. The roots of Health First run deep in Brevard, dating back to 1937, when Brevard Hospital first opened in Melbourne with 27 beds. Now known as Health First's Holmes Regional Medical Center, the hospital is Brevard's largest, with 514 beds. Health First was formed in August 1995 when Holmes Regional Medical Center, Cape Canaveral Hospital and Palm Bay Hospital joined together to create a truly integrated not-for-profit healthcare delivery system, fulfilling a common mission of improving the health of our community.
This is a great opportunity for those interested in working in a healthcare setting. We are looking for friendly, engaging applicants who want to make a difference. Receive hands-on experience and training while working in a fast-paced environment and providing exceptional customer service.
Full Time position available, competitive wages, benefits, 401(k), paid time off, and career advancement. One-year experience preferred, but will train the right person. Final candidates will submit to criminal background check, pre-employment drug screen, TB test and flu shot.
- Health and Safety is an integral part of Sodexo's mission to improve Quality of Life. We are committed to providing working conditions that protect our employees, clients and customers.
- We regularly evaluate our sanitation and cleaning procedures, implement safe working practices including temperature checks and provide Personal Protective Equipment, including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer.
- This position is considered essential personnel and is a great opportunity to contribute to the health and well-being of the community.
Holmes Regional Medical Center
1350 Hickory Street
Melbourne, FL 32901
Conveniently located near downtown Melbourne; easily accessible with public transportation.
The Utility Worker is responsible for maintaining kitchen work areas, equipment and utensils. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Washes dishes by hand or places them in a dishwashing machine.
- Washes work tables, walls, refrigerators and meat blocks.
- Sweeps, mops, cleans and vacuums floors.
- Removes trash and garbage to designated areas.
- Transfers supplies and equipment within and between storage and work areas such as pantry and dish room.
- Cleans equipment using specific chemicals to ensure sanitary standards.
- Polishes silver.
- May wash pots.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- No related work experience.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.