Full Stack Developer, Online Tutoring
Prodigy Education connects students, parents, teachers and school districts with resources that promote a lifelong love of learning. Anyone with an internet connection is welcome to create a free account and try the most effective and engaging K-8 math platform in the world. Our business model helps us connect with youth around the world, with over 90 million students now voluntarily practicing math every single day - and enjoying it!
At Prodigy Education, we have an incredible team that works tirelessly to turn our goal of making education a human right into a reality. We are immensely grateful for our amazing team and all they do every day. We welcome people who share our passion to join our team, where you will have the opportunity to help an entire generation of students to LOVE learning.
Our passion is our mission - to help every student in the world love learning!
- As a Full-Stack Developer on our Online Tutoring team, your primary mission will be to architect and engineer critical components across a variety of micro-services and client facing projects.
- Please note: During the Covid-19 pandemic, in order to keep all our candidates safe, Prodigy is hiring and on-boarding 100% remotely for the time being.
- Make large architectural decisions that will help make our stack more robust and efficient
- Write and maintain high quality and well-documented code
- Select, develop, and implement core technologies across a variety of projects (front-end and back-end)
Who You Are:
- Solid experience writing RESTful API endpoints
- Passion for user experience, performance, and uptime
- Knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, MSSQL, etc.)
- Experience working with NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, Redis, MongoDB, etc.)
- Knowledge of security best practices
- A love for learning and staying on top of the latest in web development
Bonus Points For:
- Ability to work with other programming languages
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience working with ElasticSearch or other search technologies
- Experience with AWS technologies - EC2, RDS, Redshift, Firehose, etc.
- Familiarity with ES6 and beyond
- Experience with unit testing and testing frameworks
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, This is to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Here are our core office hours (core office hours of 10:30am - 3:00pm)
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for 'All Hands', where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.