Full Stack Software Engineer - Toronto
Do you want to reinvent a trillion-dollar industry?
HomeX is a radically better home services platform combining world-class technology and next generation service operations. We are reshaping the experience for both consumers and businesses in the trillion-dollar home services industry.
Being radically better requires new end-to-end solutions for both consumers and technicians. This is why HomeX is combining a technology platform for the entire industry, a managed service network, and full-service experiences for consumers. Creating this integrated ecosystem enables us to deliver uniquely simple and personalized solutions that are redefining home services.
HomeX has experienced exponential growth because of our commitment to evolve the industry, our determination to be a positive force, and our passion for groundbreaking technology. Joining HomeX now is a once in a lifetime career opportunity for anyone passionate about making a difference and making history in consumer technology.
About the Job
HomeX is looking for a talented Full Stack Software Developer to help us build out innovative new cloud-based software solutions from the ground up and re-architect the field services application that will power our end-to-end experience. You will work with other Developers, Interaction Designers and Product Managers throughout a scrum-based agile software development life cycle, develop containerized code, and take advantage of the newest approaches to dev ops.
You will be empowered to invent and innovate, and be given clear ownership of engineering problems and solutions in a technology-led environment.
Having the chance to be involved in the early stages of a company dedicated to re-inventing an experience with universal reach is rare. The opportunity to do it with intensity but without the burndown charts or limited runway of a conventional start-up is what makes joining our team unique.
Our solid foundation, ambitious vision and experienced leadership team give us the means to quickly but uncompromisingly create experiences that will transform an entire industry.
- Actively participate in agile development of solutions, technical approaches and end-user experiences for each user story
- Produce clean, efficient code, both from scratch and through judicious use of adapted open source code
- Apply test driven software development principles
- Build and operate scalable production systems based on your own and other designs
- Configure cloud-based services and clusters as needed to support HomeX applications
- Greenfield development - collaborate with other talented people to build something great from the ground up
- Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and quality engineering principles
- Experience working with cloud-based deployments
- Familiar with current infrastructure, database and web development trends and technologiesResourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Creative problem solving skills
- Passionate about and engaged in the user experience and business outcomes
- Relentless about bringing maximum efficiency and stability to a code base and application
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or significant relevant industry experience.
- Must be able and authorized to work in the Toronto (no visa sponsorship/relocation)
Why work with us?
Working at HomeX means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success, as well as the close-knit camaraderie of a team of highly talented and motivated coworkers. We offer a collaborative, positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well - we offer competitive compensation packages, including equity, performance-based incentives and competitive benefits for full time employees.
HomeX values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.