Full time Microsoft Collaboration Suite Architect
Please Note: If you are a current Algonquin College employee, apply to this job
via the Workday application.
Enterprise Business Platforms (Jason Taker)
August 24, 2020
Employees who are full-time internal candidates, as defined by the Support
Staff Collective Agreement, will be given first consideration.
July 24, 2020
Please note: jobs are posted until 12:01 am on the job closing date.
Your future career begins here!
Algonquin College is one of Canada s leading polytechnic institutions and a
global leader in personalized, digitally connected experiential learning. We
have over 22,000 students in post-secondary, adult training, and apprenticeship
programs, as well as 35,000 part-time course registrations. Algonquin College
is changing the world one student at a time.
We re hiring! Become part of the dedicated, creative and family-friendly te
at Algonquin College of Applied Arts & Technology, selected as one of National
Capital Region's Top Employers for the last six years in a row. Algonquin
College hires top talent seeking meaningful and fulfilling careers and helps
employees prepare for the future with employer-matching contributions to a
Defined Benefit Pension Plan. We also offer an impressive vacation package,
parental leave top-up, ongoing professional development opportunities and
Take a look at more of our amazing benefits here .
Join us today in transforming hopes and dreams into lifelong success!
The incumbent provides advice and guidance on architecture best practices for
Microsoft technology products and focuses on leading the efforts of Algonquin
College in IT product lifecycle management, including creating, implementing,
maintaining and decommissioning corporate Microsoft products including
Exchange, SharePoint and O365. The incumbent is responsible for providing the
services required to design, develop, maintain, support, govern and evolve the
O365 architecture for Algonquin College, leading the analysis, design and
development. The incumbent is also responsible for providing expert advice to
colleagues in Information Technology Services (ITS) as part of the development,
implementation and evaluation of new and existing Microsoft architectures, as
well as the research and evaluation of new technologies and standards.
The incumbent will use industry best practices to provide input to the Manager
in the formation of technical strategy for the colleges IT systems as it refers
to platforms, applications, cloud based and back-end infrastructure as well as
providing 3rd level End User support where required. The Microsoft
Collaboration Suite Architect will be a key resource for high-level enterprise
plans, and initiate and participate in projects to evaluate technologies and
recommend methods for implementing these plans.
This position will focus on Enterprise Business Platforms, which includes but
not limited to Sharepoint, O365, Teams, Skype for Business, Exchange and our
Azure Cloud strategy.
* Must have a 3 year diploma / degree in Computer Science/Systems/
Engineering/Information Systems or Business Administration with a
* Must have Azure cloud certification (cloud/Solutions Architect)
A minimum of 8 years experience is required in the following areas:
* Min 8 years of IT experience with strong knowledge of O365 tools and
administration (SPO, OneDrive, Exchange Online etc.)
* SharePoint online Architecture and Administration: site creation, role
assignment, access management, audit, DLP and data retention, Apps and
* Azure B2B setup with SharePoint Online integration (Conditional accesses,
Web Apps deployments and Proxies)
* Exchange online Security and Threat Protection, data recovery and
retention, security and compliance, eDiscovery.
* Managing the day to day Office 365 tasks and escalations.
* Intune, Mobile Device Management, Mobility and Security
* Working in collaboration with the offshore team to get the client
requests and needs done on timely manner and assure the SLA.
* Performing Office 365 architecture for Exchange Online, SharePoint and
the OS environment.
* One Drive for Business administration.
* Manage the user licensing with Office 365 onboarding.
* Reporting: Azure AD, DLP reporting, SharePoint online and Exchange OL.
* Skype For Business Online troubleshooting and administration, UM and VM
* PowerShell scripting (Azure, Exchange Online and Exchange OL Modules).
* Must have knowledge of internet and cloud architecture paradigms
* Experience with cloud technologies, hybrid architectures, and their
impact on traditional data centers
* Experience with Post-Secondary Education preferred
* Ability to work effectively with upper management, peers and front-line
* Ability to provide presentations to senior executives about technical
service delivery strategies, issues and options
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent project management skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
Vacancy is for P14307
Position is paid at payband L
Algonquin College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We
offer an inclusive work environment and encourage applications from all
qualified individuals. However internal candidates will receive first
consideration based on qualifications. If you are invited for an interview,
please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you may require. Workplace
accommodations are available. While we thank all those who apply, only those to
be interviewed will be contacted.
For a copy of the complete job description please contact Human Resources at
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.