The Water Well Project is a not-for-profit health promotion organisation based in Melbourne. Our mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of migrants, refugees and asylum seekers by improving health literacy. Our vision is that all individuals from refugee and asylum seeker backgrounds achieve equitable access to healthcare to enable them to live full lives and contribute to the wider community.
We are a values-driven organisation that works collaboratively with a common purpose and we may be biased, but we're pretty great to work with. We encourage flexibility and are passionate about making a positive difference. We are searching for an enthusiastic Fundraising Officer to join our team 1 day per week on a 12 month fixed term contract.
The Fundraising Officer is responsible for managing all opportunities of income for The Water Well Project, particularly in the domains of grants, fundraising and donations. This paid role would work alongside a volunteer management committee and Board.
- Proactively prepare applications for government, philanthropic and corporate grant funding in liaison with the management committee, in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy and fundraising toolkit.
- Develop a corporate sponsorship prospectus.
- Manage, contribute and coordinate fundraising activities with the support and assistance of the management committee and Board.
- Network and reach wider audiences who may promote and/or engage with the activities of The Water Well Project.
- Represent The Water Well Project to philanthropic institutions, donors, corporate sponsors and other funders where required and form linkages with relevant communities, organisations and the business sector.
- Manage online and offline donor relations for community fundraising campaigns with the support and assistance of the management committee and Board.
- Work closely with the Communications and Marketing officer to promote the work of The Water Well Project and develop social media posts for community fundraising campaigns; as well as research innovative online and offline opportunities to facilitate fundraising and brand awareness.
- Track and log fundraising activities and funding opportunities on committee workspace.
- Perform ad hoc event administration as required.
- Report to the Treasurer and Board.
- Must have previous experience in the not-for-profit and/or business sector, demonstrated success building a similar organisation's revenue stream, preparing grant applications and a sound understanding of major giving and relationship fundraising.
- You are a fundraiser who thrives in an environment of fundraising growth - you want to raise money!
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with external funding agencies, including but not limited to government bodies, corporate donors, private Foundations, and individual donors.
- Knowledge of professional fundraising standards, practices and regulatory compliance issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and alongside the volunteer management team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, CRM software (Salesforce or similar), social media and online fundraising platforms.
- Previous experience working with marketing and communications.
- Postgraduate qualifications relevant to the role are desirable, but not required.
We encourage everyone passionate about the role to apply. If successful, you'll be invited to attend a virtual interview and reference checks will be conducted. As part of the application process, along with submitting your CV, we invite you to showcase your creativity by completing a 1 - 2 page pitch summarising The Water Well Project, including ideas on how you would fundraise. The sky's the limit! But a realistic sky, of course.
Reporting to the Board, this 12 months fixed term contract is 7.6 hours per week with a $29.10 hourly rate + superannuation. We encourage flexible working hours and the successful candidate will need to undergo a Police Check and a Working With Children Check.
- Respectfulness of diversity
A position description is attached.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.