Global Editor, Polymers
Job Title:Global Editor, Polymers
Reporting Relationship: Managing Editor
Location: Houston/ London Head Office
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. We are growing quickly, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
This position has global responsibility for Argus’ coverage of polymer markets and news relating to these markets.
Execute on the polymers strategy and be the global lead for Argus polymers coverage, working with the management team in London and Houston.
- Revamp existing polymers report and coverage with creation of separate PE and PP reports
- Direct and manage global polymer news service
- Lead global price reporting team with direct management responsibility for European or Houston-based group and matrix responsibility for global group
- Interview and train any additional reporters needed for the global polymer team
- Work in alignment with Business Development function to deliver product strategy
- Engage with key polymer market participants globally to align offering with voice of customer
- Speak with players in the polymer industry regularly to build Argus petrochemical brand in olefins and related products
- Work closely with Consulting group to develop and promote monthly analytics service
- Provide global editorial leadership across the regional teams to drive content development
- Develop methodologies for new polymer price assessments
- Work with Marketing to re-launch brand strategy in polymers space
- Act as primary representative of Argus at industry events and deliver presentations to clients and market at large
- Work with sector leadership on creating and promoting value proposition to market
- Support European petrochemical engagement together in industry events
- Generate polymers coverage and strategy in recycled market
Skills and experience:
- Detailed knowledge of polymers market with five years + market reporting experience
- Excellent networking skills with extensive contacts within polymers market
- Management and leadership acumen
- Experience of product development and management
- Self motivation and initiative to drive projects forward
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organisation with over 1,000 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 23 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.