Golang Engineer, Agent Ops
Who We Are
Bestow is a digital life insurance company built on full stack technology and AI. In a world in need of greater financial resilience and protection, Bestow democratizes access to smart financial products and powers some of the world’s leading consumer platforms. We are reimagining and rebuilding a 400-year-old, $7 trillion industry to create a brighter future for millions of families. And we’re just getting started.
The Bestow team is a diverse band of first principles thinkers on a mission to do good. We’re fortunate to be backed by leading investors and partners including Valar Ventures, NEA, 8VC and MunichRe.
As a Software (Golang) Engineer, you will be joining Bestow's new Agency System team which will facilitate large revenue growth by tracking and associating policies with agencies and facilitating commission payments. We're looking for a collaborative engineer that has experience driving a quality-first approach to software engineering. Our army of agents will depend on the Agency Systems team to make sure that they are paid accurately for the life insurance they have sold for Bestow. So it has to be right the first time.
You'd be a great fit if you're someone who is comfortable building integrations, greenfield applications and thriving in legacy codebases. Does that sound like a tall order? It is. This is a very complex and interesting problem that will challenge you technically for years.
If you'll take care of building provable software, we'll take care of making sure that the culture and people you will work with keep you thriving, motivated and delighted to come to work everyday.
Open to Austin, TX or Dallas, TX
- 3-4+ years of back end software development experience
- Experience with Golang (Go)
- Professional experience with a relational database like PostgreSQL
- Experience with strongly typed languages (Golang, Kotlin, Rust, etc)
- Experience using Docker for local software development
- Experience designing APIs (Protocol Buffers, RAML, Swagger, OpenAPI, etc)
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices
- A champion for Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication
- You thrive in a highly independent work culture and are capable of working autonomously.
- You have initiative and motivation to make things happen.
- You always want to sit next to the person who is smarter than you because you value a culture of mentorship and learning.
- You are egoless, hold yourself accountable and you have a thoughtful approach to adopting new technology.
- You are looking to bring your voice and talent to a mission-driven company in ways that help it to grow and expand its reach.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bestow does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.