Hardware Asset Officer
Hardware Asset Officer - London - 6 months - £110-£120 a day via umbrella
In this role, you will ensure that this public sector organisation's IT hardware assets allocated by the team are appropriately controlled and managed and provide accurate and reliable information about those assets when and where required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for the administration and accurate documenting of the request, acquisition, receipt, installation, in-life verification and disposal of IT assets, ensuring records are accurate and auditable for all customer groups.
- You will process all authorised orders for equipment by raising the requisite purchase orders.
- You will Verify and process (goods receipt) invoices received in a timely manner to enable Finance to pay suppliers within the timeframe defined under their contractual obligations. You will also Liaise with the suppliers and customers to ensure billing issues are resolved.
- You will ensure information on IT assets are kept accurate and up to date in the Hardware Asset Management tool (Hardcat).
- You will assist with procurement queries and record and update details of all hardware requests in the IT service management tool (Cherwell) and take ownership for assigned requests.
- You will provide excellent customer service by providing timely updates via telephone, email and in person to requests and queries from a range of customers and suppliers.
- You will manage customer expectations and regularly communicate with the customer providing updates when there are delays or unexpected issues with their IT hardware orders.
- Demonstrates good communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organisational skills with a methodical approach to prioritising work to meet deadlines.
- Good customer facing and interpersonal skills, is able to develop good working relationships with staff at all levels and has proven understanding of service delivery.
- Ability to engage with customers to deliver excellent customer service.
- Able to think 'customer first' and prioritise customer outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to handle challenging customers.
- Basic knowledge of computers and IT in general.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Understanding of financial principles
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.