Head of Customer Success & Operations
AZA is an established provider of currency trading solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure. By leveraging cutting edge technology in our flagship products, TransferZero and BFX, AZA is able to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to and from frontier markets. TransferZero is our B2B2C product, which provides both wholesale currency purchase and retail settlement via our robust API. BFX is our B2B over-the-counter platform for businesses with wholesale currency needs, especially those paying partners and suppliers.
Our partners utilise our hybrid financial infrastructure and deep local knowledge to manage liquidity and send payments to dozens of bank networks and mobile money operators across Africa. Licensed by the UK’s FCA and the Bank of Spain, AZA is a market-maker in every major African currency. Launched in Nairobi, AZA now has offices in Lagos, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, and Dakar.
The Head of Customer Success & Operations is our in-house sales technology expert and master of efficiency. With a solid understanding of what needs to be adjusted to improve sales performance down the line. Tasked with monitoring daily activities to maximise efficiency, productivity & profit for the organisation as a whole. Responsible for studying business forecasts, and analysing financial data to control costs while boosting revenue.
The successful candidate will be responsible for customer success; which will entail having oversight of the entire E2E customer journey; optimising this process by making it lean and efficient.
This role is open to candidates in United Kingdom and Madrid with good written and verbal skills in English (a second language, such as French or Spanish, is an added advantage). The ideal candidate should be flexible for international travel (around 10-20% of the time) within Africa, Middle East and Europe.
- Define the key sales & marketing support systems/processes required to meet the rapid growth of the business and achieve revenue attainment and market development objectives.
- Build continuously-evolving forecast models and methodologies, owning the quantitative analysis of the performance of our sales, account management, partnerships and marketing teams as well as customers, prospects, partners, markets, and products/services.
- Insure customer success and E2E customer journey efficiency.
- Design and track the compensation/incentive plan for each department of the revenue team to insure its alignment with the business strategic goals.
- Track and analyze key metrics including pipeline growth, win/loss rates, and quota attainment
- Build and develop relationships and processes with product, engineering, treasury, finance, HR and other stakeholders to identify and address raising issues.
- Proactively Identifying bottlenecks in the sales process and proffering solutions to reduce them; by simplifying the process and implementing sales automation tools that would boost/maximise productivity.
- Providing models and organising statistical studies for the revenue team
- Developing and maintaining daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and Key Performance Indicators and preparing Monthly & Quarterly Business/Executive Review presentations
- Partner with Sales and Marketing department to refine lead qualification process, analyse and report on campaign performance with reporting and dashboards.
- Manage metrics/analytics program to help revenue leaders make data-backed business decisions.
- Own the end-to-end process of tracking the sales funnel and operational metrics and delivering regular insights to the business; define and deliver techniques to improve the funnel performance for revenue management.
- Assist with territory management, and create a plan to enhance renewal cross-sell and upsell processes.
- Onboarding and training new revenue team talents
- Prepare ad hoc analysis & participate on projects as needed.
Skill and competencies
- A change leader with the ability to plan, constantly look for opportunities of improvement, lead revenue operations and deliver results.
- Proven practical experience leading and supporting sales & marketing operations either in a multinational environment, Fintech or financial services institutions.
- Proven experience in leadership roles across detail oriented functions, such as sales, marketing, and customer engagement.
- Experience working with industry tools including email, data analytics and CRM (Salesforce preferred)
- Process focused – passionate about building processes and continuous improvements to maintain a high collaborative spirit.
- Leading and Influencing others - Establishes clear directions, brings people along in an organised and engaging manner, maintains dialogue on work and results. Relishes leading in ambiguity and is energised by tough challenges.
- Relationship Management- Leverage interpersonal skills to establish rapport and develop strong relationships at all levels including executive-level that ensure delivery of work.
- Results Focused- Drive to achieve or exceed targets and goals within determined timeframe and quality expectations. Leadership skills that permit collaborative solution and promote teamwork.
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- You have at least 8-10 years collective work experience with a financial institution (preferably Fintech or startups); with a minimum of 3-5 years as Head of Sales Operations or Sales & Marketing Operations. A mixed experience between multinational companies and start-up/Fintech will be a plus.
- 5 years of senior leaderships experience.
- You possess a bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Business Administration or any other related course. Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- A certification in sales management and project management, is an added bonus.
- Experience working with data analytics and data reporting tools such as Salesforce.com, Pipedrive, Zendesk, Tableau, etc.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Casual work environment.
- Great work-life balance.
- We value autonomy.
- Opportunity for growth for all employees.
- Opportunity to work hard and play hard.
…… and more!!
Apply for this job
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.