Head of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Group Nine Media
Who we are looking for:
Our mission at Group Nine is to tell stories that spark action and make a real difference. We believe that when people with different perspectives, life experiences, and identities join us and thrive, we can live into our mission. This is why we’re looking for a Head of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion to join us in progressing, developing and championing a truly diverse workforce and inclusive culture where all Group Nine employees can bring their authentic selves to work, feel like they belong and are valued, and work in an environment that celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Design and drive a holistic DE&I vision, strategy and goals at Group Nine, with specific activities and outcomes based on your assessment and expertise.
- Serve as a trusted partner to senior leaders, ERGs and the IDEA Council.
- Drive leadership awareness, commitment and accountability for DE&I initiatives.
- Identify and leverage key metrics and targets for DE&I to identify opportunities for growth, promote adoption of inclusive practices, and communicate insights and recommendations to senior leadership.
- In partnership with business and People team leaders, own the strategy, program launch, and implementation of initiatives to ensure the optimal attraction, development, and retention of diverse talent.
- Review current practices and policies, assessing and analyzing the extent to which they support or hinder our diversity goals.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to create programs and policies to ensure progressive partnerships with suppliers and vendors.
- Influence how our brands show up in the world, providing input into brand positioning, marketing campaigns and partnerships.
- Develop DE&I related philanthropic and corporate purpose initiatives that further the company's mission.
The ideal Head of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion candidate will:
- Have a background in HR, including prior experience with diversity, equity & inclusion efforts.
- Possess the ability to build relationships and deepen connections with diverse people, groups and communities across all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, functionalities and generations.
- Be a natural coach who is fulfilled by helping people around you grow, develop and succeed.
- Feel comfortable pivoting quickly from long-term DE&I initiatives, to diving into the weeds and helping to get the work done.
- Remain energized by challenges and approach them through a lens of positivity and opportunity.
- Be solution-oriented, always questioning the status quo and finding ways to innovate and elevate where you see opportunities to raise the bar.
- Have a deep sense of personal responsibility, strong attention to detail and organization, and enjoy juggling many priorities at the same time.
- Seek to understand and solve problems using data and information, and can fluently use metrics to evaluate and demonstrate the impact and effectiveness of your work.
- Bring exceptional emotional intelligence, empathy and sound judgment to your work and collaboration with others, making you a trusted colleague and go-to partner.
- Thrive in complex environments, leading others through ambiguity and change, balancing short-term agility with long-term sustainability.
- Be a gifted communicator, and can skilfully navigate and cultivate strong, collaborative working relationships with stakeholders across brands and departments.
- Respect and value the power of open conversation to bring people together, learn, and achieve progress.
- Drive innovative and courageous change, not being afraid to take bold steps.
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine’s mission is to tell great stories that spark action and make a real difference. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, March 2020], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 75% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, March 2020]. Audiences spend nearly 70 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, March 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news and politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, February 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, February 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lion, Critic’s Choice, among others.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.