Head of Engineering- Top Tier Insurance Firm
- Fantastic Opportunity to lead the Regional Team
- Key member of the Regional Transformation
A Top Tier Insurance Firm rapdily expanding in Asia
- Set an overall vision and strategy for the Engineering team, including the application of agile best practices.
- Create and/or remove standards, policies, procedures, and processes to enable a high-performance engineering culture.
- Build capability in engineering best practices including TDD, pair programming, CI/CD, and refactoring.
- Use of agile techniques for digital products, legacy systems, and the development of financial services products.
- Develop strong working relationships and collaborate with colleagues throughout the company to ensure the team delivers against plan with quality assurance built-in throughout the process.
- Ensure all expenditure and payments are authorized appropriately, controlled, monitored and benefits are realized. Drive and deliver cost management initiatives.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 12 years of solid IT experience, with people management experience in a role similar to that of a head of engineering.
- Insurance experience, while preferred, is not mandatory
- Strong knowledge of clean coding practices including OOP principles and software engineering design patterns.
- Deep understanding and experience with engineering best practices including TDD, pair programming, CI/CD and refactoring.
- Experience building, running, and owning the entire lifecycle of APIs and cloud-native microservices (e.g. 12 factor apps, chaos theory, etc.)
- Delivery experience using DevOps practices and tools
- Passion for coding. Passion for problem solving. Passion for building communities within the company.
What's on Offer
- Excellent Base and bonus
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.