Head of Payroll (6 month maternity cover)
Employment Hero is one of the fastest-growing Australian tech saas start-ups, and we are on a mission to make employment easier and more rewarding for everyone. We're the market leader in our space and we're entering an exciting period of growth having just secured our Series C funding from SEEK.
We're looking for a Head of Payroll to cover maternity leave for 6 months! Day-to-day you'll be leading our Payroll team of 6 (soon to be 8) payroll consultants, who are responsible for implementing our clients on to the platform and ensuring the process runs smoothly and on time, whilst following payroll best practice. You will also help with the business strategy and ensure we align to industry updates. If you've achieved this in a startup/tech environment in the past, then we'd love to speak with you.
This role will see you join a progressive company at the forefront of HR technology with the opportunity to grow and develop with us. Ongoing technical training and support will be provided. You will be an integral part of a dynamic HR Tech business consisting of Product Owners, Client Services, Sales, Marketing & Design. The team you'll be joining is smart, ambitious & customer focused.
This role supports remote working and has the possibility of:
- Lead the Payroll Consultant team.
- Mentor, coach and train the payroll implementation team to ensure they are hitting business goals.
- Restructure/succession planning.
- Take on client and team escalations.
- Assisting the sales team in pre-sales payroll advice.
- Requirements gathering to run post mortem's and run customer workshops.
- Assist with troubleshooting and client queries; coordinate with internal teams for successful delivery.
- Gather client feedback during implementation, contributing to the Employment Hero process and improving the knowledge base.
- Focus on business strategy for the team and ensure our product is aligned to industry updates.
- Recruitment for expanding the team moving forward.
- 5+ years of payroll implementations or payroll consulting.
- Experience managing a team and previous change management experience.
- Subject matter expert in payroll
- Exceptional written and verbal communication including stakeholder engagement and stakeholder management
- Bonus if you have experience with NZ payroll.
- Self, health, wealth, happiness programs
- Friday drinks in our fancy in-office bar
- Flexible working arrangements
- Continuing education / post-graduate assistance program
- Personal training, yoga classes
- Daily office breakfast and fresh fruit
- Quarterly & yearly team celebrations
- EH Employee Benefits Program
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.