Head of Project Delivery & Customer Operations
Kapsch TrafficCom Australia
Kapsch TrafficCom is a market leading, global provider of intelligent transportation systems (ITS) in the segments of toll collection, traffic management, safety and security, smart urban mobility and connected vehicles. Kapsch TrafficCom's end-to-end solutions cover our customers' entire value creation chain, from components and design to the installation, operation and through-life support of mission- and revenue-critical systems.
We have an unprecedented opportunity to join a market leading, global organisation in the engineering and automation sector. This hands-on, dynamic senior leadership role will have overarching responsibility for the delivery of multiple large scale projects, as well as the ongoing support and operation of our existing contracts, in Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia.
The role can be based in either Melbourne or Sydney, and travel between these and other locations is expected as part of the role. This is a critical role for the ongoing success of the business.
Core responsibilities of the role include:
- Overarching responsibility for multiple complex projects with full accountability for scope, time, budget, quality;
- End to end management of commercial and technical functions for our customer operations;
- Ongoing review, reporting and analysis of budget, resources and planning to identify opportunities within projects and contracts to improve margins and efficiencies;
- Set the annual business objectives for reporting functions within agreed frameworks;
- Direct and indirect line management for a team of 40+ comprising engineering, project management and operations teams;
- Participation in the Senior Leadership Team;
- Produce board level reporting and present as required; and
- Engage in pre, mid and post sales activities, as well as managing customer relationships with a focus on growth and opportunities.
The successful candidate will be a high performing individual with 10+ years’ experience in leading complex projects in an engineering, automation, construction or technology (systems) environment. As well as 5+ years in a senior leadership capacity, with the ability to lead, coach and develop large and remote teams. The ideal candidate will be extremely hands-on, have an entrepreneurial personality and is commercial and strategically inclined to support the future growth of the business.
Experience in Australia and New Zealand is a must, with experience in South East Asia highly desirable.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.