Health Educator I: Posting
Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services.
Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position(s): Position Summary: Full-time Health Educator position for our Vancouver - Fourth Plain Medical Clinic. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual passionate about working with the community to improve health and wellness.
If you are looking for a dynamic team, you will find it with us. We are a team of professionals working towards the same goal as you: to serve the under-served. Join us to find out how you will impact the lives of others!
- The successful candidate will be able to creatively engage patients in preventive health education and health promotion activities to improve patient health outcomes and will have a working understanding of the social determinants of health, working from a health equity framework.
- The Health Educator provides health education interventions, primarily one-on-one interactions in a clinic settings, group classes along with community-based education and outreach.
- The Health Educator initiates and maintains professional contact with community groups and organizations in order to increase accessibility and availability of resources for patients and to establish partnerships to strengthen health education programming.
- The desired candidate will be effective at leading groups, providing client-centered educational interventions 1-on-1, engaging patients in services, and establishing relationships with patients, employees across departments, and local partners.
- BA from accredited college or university in health education, public health, or other related fields with experience.
- Training/ Experience in patient health counseling, educating small and large groups, engaging difficult-to-engage populations
- Ability and experience in development of curriculum and educational materials.
- Travel is part of this job duty so candidate is expected to have access to an insured reliable transportation.
- Must be bilingual in Spanish/English or English/Russian.
What We offer: Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization. Working at Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a job, it?
s a fulfilling career; a career with opportunity for advancement. Full-time employees working 30 or more hours receive an excellent benefit package; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Prescription coverage, Long Term Disability, EAP (Employee Assistance Program), paid-time-off starting at 24-27 days per year
- 10 paid Holidays.
We also offer 401(k)/Retirement options and an exciting opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment. How to Apply: To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Rocio Castillo-Foell at Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer Posted on 07/07/2020 External candidates are considered after 07/09/2020
This is a Union position and it is represented by Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU). Please visit our website to find out more about us at . Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.