Healthcare Solutions Architect Data Analytics
At Perficient you ll deliver mission-critical technology and business
solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on
the planet. And you ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our
close partnerships with the world s biggest vendors. Our network of offices
across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you
the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We re proud to be publicly recognized as a Top Workplace year a
year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and
collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned,
driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient is on a mission to help the Healthcare industry take advantage of
modern data and analytics architectures, tools, and patterns to improve the
quality and affordability of care. This is an excellent opportunity for the
right individual to assist Perficient and its customers to grow the
capabilities necessary to improve care through better use of data and
information, and in the process take their career to the next level.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Solution Architect with AWS and Cloudera
expertise to join our Healthcare Data & Analytics Practice. This role requires
a senior solution architect with deep experience in cloud based data and
analytics implementations leveraging the AWS cloud, coupled with experience
working within the healthcare provider or payer domain.
The role will require some travel within the US, when travel is safe.
This consultant will work healthcare technology leaders within Perficient and
our customer organizations to envision and define solutions and architectures
which enable data-based insight and decision making for our largest healthcare
payer customers. This position involves working as a senior member of an
architecture team with specific focus on defining and designing the best
technical solutions from a data and analytics perspective. Perficient is
looking for enthusiastic solution leaders who enjoy solving tough industry and
technical problems and building tools which enable Perficient s customers t
elevate the efficiency and effectiveness of Healthcare delivery within the
In this role, you will provide best-fit architectural solutions for one or more
projects, assist in defining scope and sizing of work, and anchor Proof of
Concept developments. You will provide solution architecture for the business
problem, platform integration with third party services, designing and
developing complex features for clients' business needs. You will collaborate
with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative
high quality solutions, participate in Sales and various pursuits focused on
our clients' business needs.
* Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of technology
architecture. Provide architectural solutions/designs to project
execution teams for implementation.
* Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or
more technology domains.
* Lead projects within architecture. Work with Product Owner/Business
Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other
cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release
* Project and solution estimation and team structure definition.
* Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and
* Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping and creation of
technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to
continuous delivery to production.
* Mentor and provide architectural guidance to multiple teams building
* Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
* Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities,
integrating business knowledge with technical solutions.
* Engage with Technical Architects and technical staff to determine the
most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs.
* Demonstrate broad solutions technical leadership, impacting significant
technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and
Qualifications and Experience
* Leadership and team management experience with ability to provide
strategic planning and oversight.
* Must have superb verbal and written communication skills with the ability
to present and sell solutions/concepts to other architects and to
business users and stakeholders.
* Data & Analytics project implementation experiences that exploit the full
capabilities (discover, design, implement and optimization).
* Experience in a professional services / consulting firm.
* Possess a solid understanding of delivery methodology and lead teams in
the implementation of the solution according to the design/architecture.
* Experience in project and solution estimation and team structure
definition for Big Data and traditional data warehousing projects.
* Fluent and current on architecture trends with an eye on market/technical
conditions and future direction.
* Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive an
independent project from an architectural stand point.
* Experience leading customer workshop sessions to educate customers on the
latest technology trends and best practices.
* Proven track record of leadership roles delivering solutions within
* Demonstrated success in performing work and managing complex and/or large
* Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
* Ability to elicit requirements and communicate clearly with non-technical
individuals, development teams, and other ancillary project members.
* Experience working with a globally distributed team and managing off-
* Desire to mentor younger team members and develop their skills.
* Experience working on multiple concurrent projects.
* Experience leading internal initiatives.
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Be independent and self-driven.
* Master s degree in Computer Science or related field.
* Must be open to travel.
This role requires a senior solution architect with deep experience in cloud
based data and analytics implementations leveraging the AWS cloud, coupled with
experience working within the healthcare provider or payer domain.
* 6+ years experience designing and implementing data lakes and warehouses
* 4+ years experience working as a technical architect
* 2+ years experience implementing AWS based solutions
* 2+ years experience implementing Cloudera Hadoop based solutions
* 2+ years experience working as a solution architect
* 2+ years working as part of an enterprise-level architecture team
Extremely strong knowledge and experience working with the following
technologies from an architecture and design perspective:
* AWS S3
* AWS Redshift
* AWS PostgreSQL
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We
offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous
work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid
time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number
of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities.
Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great
benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global
2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled
information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities,
Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and
value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and
strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce
costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices
across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the
Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index
and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of
job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by
the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion
to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh
the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Select work authorization questions to ask when applicants apply
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status
(e.g. H-1B visa status)?
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.