Our client, San Francisco s leading service provider of carefully designed
programs that provide families with viable resources for permanent and
affordable housing. Since 1985, they have been the leading agency assisting
families with housing search assistance, move-in financial assistance,
homelessness prevention, rent subsidies, and home-based case management.
We are looking for a bilingual (Spanish_fluency_required) Housing Navigation
Specialist to join their team. This role will work with families to help them
find and move into permanent housing. You will collaborate with colleagues to
search for potential units with the family, reaching out to landlords and
accompanying families to view potential units. Also, you will be responsible
for making sure all data, activities and additional files are accurate,
complete and up-to-date in the internal database. This position requires a
California Driver License and clean driving record.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide housing navigation services to a caseload of approximately 15-20
* Work with participants to assess their housing needs.
* Assist participants on housing search, application processes and unit
* Advise participants on move-in procedures, utilities set-up, and applying
to permanent affordable housing.
* Communicate with participants to support them in their housing search,
and to alert them to units that may suit their needs.
* Provide participants with resources to assist with move-in cost and
* Maintain documentation of case management services, updating participant
files and entries into Salesforce database; maintain participant
confidentiality and HIPAA requirements.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
* 2 years of relevant experience OR Bachelor s degree.
* Detail-oriented and demonstrated experience keeping thorough notes and
* Strong work ethic, organized and ability to work independently.
* Ideal candidates are self-motivated, organized, and results-driven.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficiency in
* Comfortable following program policies and processes and delivering high
quality outcomes within urgent timeframes.
* Background check, and tuberculosis (TB) clearance required post-offer.
* Valid CADL and DMV report, personal form of transportation is not
* Bilingual (Spanish_fluency) is required for this role.
Compensation and Benefits: Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, plus
tax-advantaged Flexible Spending Arrangements for Health Care and Dependent
Care. Employees also have the chance to earn up to $180 per calendar year for
participating in various wellness activities and can participate in partnership
discounts with various YMCA and 24-Hour Fitness locations. Additionally, tax-
deductible commuter benefits that can be applied to public transit, parking,
and ride sharing services like Lyft Line and Uber pool.
Growth and leadership opportunities:The work is designed for individuals to
follow their passions and commitment to community. The organization takes
professional development seriously and offers coaching and training
opportunities at every level. There is a $1,000 tuition reimbursement to
employees each year (after 12 months of employment) and dozens of internal and
external trainings for staff at every level annually.
Time off:Employees enjoy generous benefits including 11 paid holidays, 3 weeks
of vacation and 2 weeks of sick time per year.
Long-term benefits:Employer-matched 403(b) retirement plan, tuition
reimbursement, and other great long-term benefits!
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.