IBD, Financing Group, Bank Debt Portfolio Group, New York, Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Bank Debt Portfolio Group (“BDPG”) has dual control and client advisory functions. The group (A) provides client coverage and Agent services for GS-arranged and syndicated leveraged finance bank loans and (B) provides independent loan amendment & waiver advice to clients across the firm. BDPG is part of the Transaction Execution & Risk Management Group within the Investment Banking Division. Associate role expected to cover a few dozen credits and be able to lead discussions with borrower management teams and other internal and external stakeholders.
Portfolio Client Coverage
- Cover leveraged finance term loans, revolvers, ABLs, structured finance, project finance, letter of credit
- Manage day-to-day client coverage and serve as a liaison between borrowers and bank loan investors
- Provide analysis and surveillance of company performance to internal and external stakeholders
- Advise borrowers and lenders on credit agreements and loan documents
- Respond to inbound inquiries from investors on company performance
- Address all aspects of credit agreement and collateral functionality
- Host lender calls, bank meetings and on-site investor visits
Amendments and waivers for syndicated loans on BDPG portfolio and non-portfolio clients
- Handle amendments to credit agreements or other loan documents for syndicated loans
- Amendment advisory, structure and strategy, marketing, documentation, closing and other elements
- Negotiate amendment terms with syndicates (which may include wall-crossing)
- Coordinate with clients and outside counsel on legal documents (engagement letter, loan documents, etc.)
- Assist with portfolio loan workouts
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.